Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63665.02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar

Ideal number of chips in multiple tourneys (MTT).

After a while of being too aggressive and whatnot I made a (unaccurate) table of how much chips you "should" have a goal for in NLHE:

1.7k plrs = 15,000 in chips.
    2.5k plrs = 20,000 in chips.
    4k plrs = 36,000 in chips.
    5.5k plrs = 50,000 in chips. <----- Avg. tourney length = 4.5 hours.
    7k plrs = 80,000 in chips.

P.S. This is to reach under 50th place and still be a contender for 1st.

P.S.S. Ideal for (me) a starting chip stack of 1,500 with normal blind levels (no turbos).
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 05-29-2011 at 08:48 PM.

PokerOwned God
    Huh? You make no mention of the tourney structure at all. You know things like the amount of starting chips, blind levels, and numerous other things. Without that context, those are just meaningless numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    Huh? You make no mention of the tourney structure at all. You know things like the amount of starting chips, blind levels, and numerous other things. Without that context, those are just meaningless numbers.
    You're right...

Corporal
    7k plrs = 80,000 in chips.
    In the FTP Daily Dollars, you would have to play really tight and stick around with 80K and you'll still finish around the 200 range but thats a Donkfest.

Ideally when it's time for the bubble you want to have around minimum 15 BB if your short stacked and want to make the money, so you can hang around and play tight

Sergeant
    Ideally you want to stay aove 20 big blinds to even be a contender at all (you can still make it with less but you have to play tight) i would say confortable play is roughly 60 big blinds will allow you to play a little loser 100 or more big blinds play tight and coast your way in byonly playing stellar hands an developing a tight player image so you can donk all day at the final table if you make it lol

Quote Originally Posted by AAcracked91 View Post
    Ideally you want to stay aove 20 big blinds to even be a contender at all (you can still make it with less but you have to play tight) i would say confortable play is roughly 60 big blinds will allow you to play a little loser 100 or more big blinds play tight and coast your way in byonly playing stellar hands an developing a tight player image so you can donk all day at the final table if you make it lol
    Great answer! That's something I can take to the bank!! I salut you!!

In the FTP Daily Dollars, you would have to play really tight and stick around with 80K and you'll still finish around the 200 range but thats a Donkfest.

Ideally when it's time for the bubble you want to have around minimum 15 BB if your short stacked and want to make the money, so you can hang around and play tight
    Thanks!! Great answer as well!!!

PokerOwned God
    No offense Egg, but you're numbers are pretty off. Also my personal experience has been that 5500 people tourney are never that short (7-9 hours as your structure implied).

Anyways take 5500 ( # of people) and multiply that by 1500 (starting chip stack) this = 8,250,000 (total chips in play). With me so far?

Take number of chips in play and divide that by number of people left gives you the average. So 8,250,000/50 = 165,000 per player.

If you have 50,000 chips when there are 50 people left then you are in bad shape. It's no where near ideal even if it was a lot of BBs.

No offense Egg, but you're numbers are pretty off. Also my personal experience has been that 5500 people tourney are never that short (7-9 hours as your structure implied).

Anyways take 5500 ( # of people) and multiply that by 1500 (starting chip stack) this = 8,250,000 (total chips in play). With me so far?

Take number of chips in play and divide that by number of people left gives you the average. So 8,250,000/50 = 165,000 per player.

If you have 50,000 chips when there are 50 people left then you are in bad shape. It's no where near ideal even if it was a lot of BBs.
    Really!?! I never thought about it that way... Thanks a lot!

P.S. I just was trying to mention those super stack plrs that bully table after table collecting +20% of the total chip stack regardless. Anyway, have anymore pointers?
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 05-29-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Elite PokerOwned Member

Thats intersting calculation, I will try to remeber this

Elite PokerOwned Member
    you put it is nothing serious, the statistics have to have all its parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast