Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62940.08

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Yeah the point is you need to get your money in good. If you do so you will be a winner in the long run

Seasoned Veteran
    Don't you love poeple who don't read posts? I do get my money in good idiot i just get sucked out on when i do.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I would say read Harrintongs book and play a lot of low stake tournaments

Experienced Member
    In order to be good a MTTs you must be good at poker... They have a lot of people and depending on the buy in you should be able to do well. Hope this helps.

PokerOwned God
    I would chalk those up as bad beats. You're on a downswing. It happens to every player. I'm sure there are hands where you suck out on someone.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    read some books wach videos end go talk to forum about your hands

PokerOwned Master
    i olso suck in mmt end in poker

PokerOwned God
    You've got the poker merge fever - and the only cure is Math and a simple strategy.
    Often your up against massive donk stacks in these. One way to play these is to take advantage of the monster stax looseness and take ur bad beats with a smile. It only takes 5 winning all in hands to cash....or less sometimes. u wait for strong premiums and a great spot to shove/come over top of a donk and pray. Eventually the math holds up - u cash and were all happy. the other way is to try to play str8 up and bet your probability - only problem is you are constantly getting shoved all in / bluffed at in 60/40 situations. yeah ur ahead - but dummy has a 1 card flush draw which = 100% on Merge some months. I'd rather wait for AA, KK QQ and save my chips for the dbl or triple up. Its easier to play this way in donk fests.

Nothing wrong with changing gears once u get respect - play ur Ace2 suited into a min raise and bet at the draw - sure y not - but most cases ur gonna get shoved on by someone and ur in that weak zone again for all ur chips. Most times u get 3 callers when u have AA or KK and u triple up into the cash right away. Once your in the cash but at the lower end of it u can make some moves/ur buy-in s already covered. Like I said - sometimes in these 75 person fields all you need is 3 dbl up or triple ups and ur good to go. If ur poker skills suck ur gonna get nicked and cut till you bleed to death by all the bluffs, suckouts etc.

If you wanna play normal poker strategy you need to play DEEP stack tourneys (no rebuys) minimum of $7,500 starting - I think $10 tourneys are great... I played one with a free $11 satty I won and promptly went out in 2 hands playing like a donk. I Wasn't paying attention and called a min raie - 4 more called as well. I hit my 777 set on flop - he min raises I re-raise - he min raises the turn _ I shove all oin - he calls and had flopped a dbl gut shot str8 that I didn't think about til after I hit the all in button. the board didn't pair and I go home pissed that I should have bet my odds instead of donking. It was a free entry so didn't respect it - oh well.
    Last edited by LaserCats; 03-03-2013 at 12:43 PM.

PokerOwned Master
    If you get your money in when you have the nuts then you are doing fine. If you get sucked out on it happens. But the problem here is also that you seem to only play premium hands and put yourself in position to get knocked out by a bad beat. Why don't you open it up a little and try to bluff small pots. Also it matters how many chips your opponents have. If you play a guy that has you covered you can get knocked out in one hand. If you play a guy that has 2500 to your 10000. Well you can push them around and no matter how bad the hand is your don't get knocked out. There are some people that go on a roll live. There are some people that go on a cold roll. If you are pushing into hot players then maybe you need to step back and look at the flow of the game. If you bluff small you will not lose a lot. And play your good hands for a little more. You want to be in a better chip position then your opponent. So when they miss and you bluff they have to fold. Notice I haven't mentioned cards here. Its situations. And your putting your tourney life at stake when you go against a guy who has you covered. If you always play against smaller stacks then you can push them around and not get knocked out. Open it up a bit. Bluffing is part of the game , not just having the nuts.

PokerOwned Master
    i think you should play the cards how you get them, because if you only trust your monsters and put them all inn preflop you will loose them in more than just 1 OF 10 TIMES.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12