Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62790.39

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Experienced Member
    first free roll today i get the same KK..the board comes 4 8 J . i bet 200 he calls, turn 6..i bet 1000 he calls then the turn is 4....i shove all in he calls. he had 10 4.

Elite PokerOwned Member pokerponed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by studaddy420 View Post
    first free roll today i get the same KK..the board comes 4 8 J . i bet 200 he calls, turn 6..i bet 1000 he calls then the turn is 4....i shove all in he calls. he had 10 4.
    harsh! gg good luck next one

PokerOwned Demi-God
    This is pretty standard and you just unlucky. Unless the blinds were really small, you were pretty short on chips and the 55 has to make the call.

PokerOwned God
    What were the blinds? Regardless, you just got unlucky.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBl4ckC4t View Post
    OOPS!

Flop was 2 8 6

not 2 8 4.. My fault xD
    Glad you re-posted cause I was confused.

Wasn't it Phil Helmuth who said "If it weren't for luck, I'd win every hand"?

this thread needs up dating, villain did not have a str8 in the way u tell it. But i do like the whole "fortunate donk call" thing... im gonna start calling 15% or less hitting a "fortunate donk call" lol
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

I would be happy with that call all day, just win next time
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!

I hate getting KK or AA..etc in SB, BB, under the gun or any early position... especially early on in a tournament. In poker, position is like location is to real estate. That being said, since the Villian raised to 500.00 before you, it should have gave you some indication that the Villian wasn't planning on folding. Even though you had KK, since the Villian had already bet 500.00 I would have bet 500 and hoped to catch a king... then IF the Villian raised I prob. would have folded, thinking that the Villian had trips or AA. Theres always time to wait for a better chance to take down the pot as long as your still in the game. And personally, I wouldn't call it a bad beat... just a bad call on villians part. I save the term 'Bad Beat" for things like losing the pot with a 4 of a kind to a straight flush....but thats just the way I define a bad beat.

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBl4ckC4t View Post
    OOPS!

Flop was 2 8 6

not 2 8 4.. My fault xD
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeyourface View Post
    this thread needs up dating, villain did not have a str8 in the way u tell it. But i do like the whole "fortunate donk call" thing... im gonna start calling 15% or less hitting a "fortunate donk call" lol
    You gotta go back to page 1 to see where I made my error - I corrected it in a later post.

Quote Originally Posted by BradysDad View Post
    I would be happy with that call all day, just win next time
    Oh I am happy with the call, but I plan on winning next time.. With calls like that, eventually they will pay out big, rather than lose me money lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldemSally View Post
    I hate getting KK or AA..etc in SB, BB, under the gun or any early position... especially early on in a tournament. In poker, position is like location is to real estate. That being said, since the Villian raised to 500.00 before you, it should have gave you some indication that the Villian wasn't planning on folding. Even though you had KK, since the Villian had already bet 500.00 I would have bet 500 and hoped to catch a king... then IF the Villian raised I prob. would have folded, thinking that the Villian had trips or AA. Theres always time to wait for a better chance to take down the pot as long as your still in the game. And personally, I wouldn't call it a bad beat... just a bad call on villians part. I save the term 'Bad Beat" for things like losing the pot with a 4 of a kind to a straight flush....but thats just the way I define a bad beat.
    I didn't define it as a bad beat as much as I did a fortunate donk call. While I am not happy with the outcome, I looked over the hand histories, and the guy was playing as loose as a well oiled piston. He just caught the miracle card is all. *shrugs*
    Last edited by TheBl4ckC4t; 05-31-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast