Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63538.85

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master

HUSNG a good way to build your BR?

With a $20 bankroll, do you think $2.15 turbo HUSNG's are a solid way to build my bankroll? I'm confident in my HU play and I'm pretty sure I can dominate at this micro level, so do you think having just under 10 buy-ins is enough? Also, do you experience more variance playing HUSNG's or STT 9max SNG'S? I would think you would experience less variance playing HUSNG's because you only have to beat out one player to win instead of 8 others, so therefore a proper bankroll for HUSNG's would require less buy-ins than a proper bankroll for 9max STT SNG's. Do you agree?

In order to profit at HU you have to maintain a high win rate. You'll only ever double you money where as with a 9 man SnG you'll have a chance to win 3 buy ins rather than 1. The rake on these games is rather high as well. That eats away at profit as well so technically you aren't actually doubling your money.

If you can crush these stakes then I would go for it. On the surface it does seem easier since you only have to beat one person, but i'm sure you know that there is a lot of bluffing and speculative play at HU. You will need to be levels ahead of your competition.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

PokerOwned Veteran
    No, I don't think 10 buy-ins would be enough. Also, I'm finding it hard to articulate why, but my gut feeling is that variance might be worse at the HUSNGs. Something along the lines of since you are playing HU, the affects of variance will be more noticeable and could potentially cause greater swings in your BR. Don't know for sure, but that is my gut feeling. I'd advise DoNs until you got to like 15 (but preferably 20) buyins and then grind away at your HUSNGs. Just my opinion, based on speculation. Take it for what you will.
    Last edited by MeSayBeauxm; 11-15-2012 at 03:23 PM.

if youre confident and you dominate then why not? but i think an easier way is to play nonstop in the double up SNGs... those are really easy. almost impossible to not place in 1/2 the field.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Yeah, im thinkin u need more BIs than that, ud probly wanna start w/min 20 or so.

I also dont think the DoNs r that good of a way to build BRs either, ud hafta have like a 75% cash rate im thinkin to be profitable after fees.

less than 10 buyins ,,,nope think you're going to suffer,,,hit a bad downswing and you're broke before you come out of it...
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Quote Originally Posted by wagon596 View Post
    less than 10 buyins ,,,nope think you're going to suffer,,,hit a bad downswing and you're broke before you come out of it...
    +1 I think theres too much variance in HU sng's. Maybe you are on a good run but dont count on it to stay consistent. Poker has a way of humbling confidence
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

I would definitely wait until you have 20 BIs.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wagon596 View Post
    The more I have thought about it, the more I agree with you guys. It is tempting, but I want to manage my bankroll right for the first time. Thanks for the helpful reminders.

The DoN SnGs are identical to HU since you need such a high win rate. I would say that variance will be lower in the DoNs because the outcome can be determined by other players i.e you fold to the money some times.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast