Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66451.89

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    If ur gonna build using HU Sn'Gs, don't expect the play to be intermediate.

I played a $100.00 HU match and it was easier then a $1.50 match...

Since there's so much variance in poker (2-3os called from a donk ruins aa,kk,qq) so I think to build you need to enter a tourney or ring game depending on your mood. Sticking with one mode isn't good.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Yeah i dont think its enough of a br for that a 20-30 Buyin cushion would barely be safe ! Not that your ever really safe lol

I have to agree with some of the other people who have chimed in on this thread. I think that Heads up SNG's is not a good way to try and build a bankroll dude to the tourney fee that is charged and the amount of money it is possible to win. Just my 2 cents though.

well at least your chances are fifty fifty so ...........

PokerOwned Veteran
    i like mtt i have my best luck there the highest roi

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I play what i like to play, not into alot of effort

PokerOwned Master
    I think I'll give the DoN's a try and see how that goes. I just really enjoy HU play and I don't have a bankroll big enough to play in ring game HU. The reason I like HU so much is because you can be creative and a lot of it is about feel and game flow. I know how to work my opponent and stay in control even if I am not getting good hands.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tturne01 View Post
    I think I'll give the DoN's a try and see how that goes. I just really enjoy HU play and I don't have a bankroll big enough to play in ring game HU. The reason I like HU so much is because you can be creative and a lot of it is about feel and game flow. I know how to work my opponent and stay in control even if I am not getting good hands.
    A lot of the times it can be a calamity factor.

I played a 1v1 $1.50 match and now that I think about it, the only way I coulda won was to just go all-in every hand. The guy was raising air each turn and the blinds were such that I couldn't use my superior skill/patience to beat him; that or chug a beer and play, lol.

'Deep Stack, No Blind Increases' HU matches are the way to go. There's just too much calamity in working out your opponent and wasting 5-6 blinds to do so.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Quote Originally Posted by tturne01 View Post
    With a $20 bankroll, do you think $2.15 turbo HUSNG's are a solid way to build my bankroll? I'm confident in my HU play and I'm pretty sure I can dominate at this micro level, so do you think having just under 10 buy-ins is enough? Also, do you experience more variance playing HUSNG's or STT 9max SNG'S? I would think you would experience less variance playing HUSNG's because you only have to beat out one player to win instead of 8 others, so therefore a proper bankroll for HUSNG's would require less buy-ins than a proper bankroll for 9max STT SNG's. Do you agree?
    Buying into any game for $2.15 is horrible bankroll management if you have $20. You're just asking to go broke. My advice would be to find a cheaper game to play, or stick to freerolls and get the bankroll up a bit higher.

20:52 <onehotdame> sug ...your the most helpful of Mods
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Even hating to admit it, i think ssuglia is right, i think u just being a little anxious, maybe a higher br would be more appropriate to start playing higher buy-ins tourneys.

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast