Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70841.68

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pal

Lightbulb How to Be a Winning Noob

Aloha all!

I just placed in the money for maybe the first time! Granted, there were only 17 people, but I finished 5th! I made $.75 outa thin air.
    ----You too can win 10's of cents playing freerolls!----

I've been thinking about the mad skillz I've learned in my couple of months playing and thought I'd share and see if anyone has anything to add.

1. Don't deposit cash... unless you have money to burn or you're good at poker. These freerolls are sweet and you can work on the fundamentals while still trying to win some real money.

2. Fold a lot - Especially if you aren't too familiar with strategy. Only playing good hands will certainly help you outlast the Donks. For me this is 10's and higher off suit or suited connectors above 7.

3. Don't bet on nothing post flop. I repeat DO NOT BET/CALL if you have nothing. Unless you have at least a high pair just don't play.

4. Flush beats straight. Duh I know... but this got me more times than I care to admit (I was a super-NOOB!) Learn it. Also Find a hand strength chart and learn how to read it.

5. Let the Donks Donk. Don't get sucked into their all in BS. Unless you can call them with half your stack or less it's just not worth the risk.

6. Fold Even More. Play more and more conservatively as the levels progress. I usually get bored and start playing bad hands (like Q6 offsuit). I hate folding and seeing my folded hand would have won. Fold Anyway

7. Pay to Play. The opposite of folding. Your gonna have risk some chips to see the flop. Only play good hands, but if it's cheap to see the flop (watch for the potential pre-flop raise), go for it. Just don't keep betting/calling if you got nothing on the flop (see #3).

8. If you suck you should probably just redeem your points for chips/gift cards instead of entering the tourneys. Marketplace usually has the best rate on chips.

ALLRIGHT! First thread Done. Please let me know what you think and add any tips that have helped you. See ya on the tables!

Bluff me, bluff you.
    This was actually pretty good

Elite PokerOwned Member dipstick2's Avatar
    yes yu have learned grasshopper,patience for good cards to come is best advice,dont get suckin to playin a hand yu would normally fold
    win if yu can but always play fair

PokerOwned Master
    lol a nice good guy.that is the spirit, some cents here some cents there and go up.keep up pal.

PokerOwned Pro
    I think you nailed it right on the head . Very nice!!!

Bluff me, bluff you.
    I bookmarked this because I'll be using this to dominate in the freerolls on Carbon Come at me bro.

PokerOwned Veteran
    this is good when you play with some fishes or donks, but what to do if the other players play the same?? you should addapt to the table

Pal
    Quote Originally Posted by matiusaa View Post
    this is good when you play with some fishes or donks, but what to do if the other players play the same?? you should addapt to the table
    Yeah, I would say this is why the game gets way tougher late in the tourney. Any suggestions?

I mean if you play tight it's almost just luck of the draw. If you have a big stack you can push people around and make them pay more to see the cards. Once they are invested, they are more likely to chase. Gotta have the cards first though, bluffing is the best way to lose.

This strategy method works great when playing fellow PO members.

In the other situations I think it is being a little too cautious and you will end up chipping down. I have learned to be cautious but make big moves when you can.
    Carbon VVickedKitty37|BCP VVickedKitty |Juicy VV1ckedKitty|Lock VV1ckedK1tty

PokerOwned Veteran
    things get a lil trickier when theres actual $ though.. play the free stuff.. get a roll (by winning those or depo a lil) and have fun.. dont think u can wait for cards if u r in against half way descent players though... it wont fly .. do u really think the regs are "always" betting cause they have cards?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast