Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63692.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-betting OOP?

PokerOwned Master

C-betting OOP?

So you are in an STT SNG mid stage 10max. You get AsQd in the BB, 4 players limp into the pot, you raise 5xBB and 3 of the limpers call, SB folds. Flop comes 5s 9h Kh. You are first to act, do you c-bet here? Or just check and see what others do? I get caught in these kind of situations a lot. Maybe I should stop raising preflop out of position so much.

Quote Originally Posted by tturne01 View Post
    So you are in an STT SNG mid stage 10max. You get AsQd in the BB, 4 players limp into the pot, you raise 5xBB and 3 of the limpers call, SB folds. Flop comes 5s 9h Kh. You are first to act, do you c-bet here? Or just check and see what others do? I get caught in these kind of situations a lot. Maybe I should stop raising preflop out of position so much.
    In the situation you describe I don't normally c-bet (I also raise more then 5x with 4 limpers, but that's another discussion.) Partly because I am out of position but mainly because the action is 4 handed after the flop. My advice is to check-fold there, you are really unlikely to get the other 3 players to fold. Generally, in my opinion, c-betting into a multiway pot isn't a good idea, especially OOP.

I often do c-bet OOP when the action is heads up on the flop, obviously taking a ton of other factors into consideration (stats, table image, stacks, etc, etc) since it is much easier to make one player fold versus three.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    c-bet w/ 1 OR 2 plrs for me
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Good question though. Its nice seeing posts with a little more context than "whatz do you think the is best pker strategy?"

I agree with the above. You got to raise more with 4 limpers tho.

Banned
    I get caught in these kind of situations a lot. Maybe I should stop raising preflop out of position so much.
    You answered your question very well. If its relatively early and 5BB doesnt mean much to peoples stack, your burning money by raising oop with hands like AJ AQ QKs AJs and even AKo. Most of the time you will miss the flop. So it puts you in a tricky spot of having to cbet oop. I would check behind with AQ in the BB.

Against 4 players I wouldn't cbet this flop. I would be check folding here with only 1 over card and no draws. If it's checked around and a low card hits the turn like a 2. I would probably pull off the delayed cbet. I'm only doing this with a major blank like a 2 because if i get called I might want to take another stab at the river. Best move is just to check down and look for a better spot.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharking View Post
    I would check behind with AQ in the BB.
    THIS! By checking you disguise the strength of your hand extremely well. In regards to your actual question, bluffing in multi-way pots is almost always a bad idea (especially OOP). Also, if you are going to raise pre-flop, you need to raise enough to make the open-limper fold. Generally, the open-limper will more likely want to see a flop than the over-limpers, but if you raise small enough to allow the open-limper to call relatively cheaply, then a lot of the time, the over-limpers will follow along.

PokerOwned God
    I would just check, too many players to go through.

PokerOwned Veteran
    what i would do is..... go all in mother truckers !!!! make em all fold or pay dearly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast