Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64648.01

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

How can I act with monster hands at the pre flop?

With monster hand like AA KK QQ AK how can I act at the pre flop?

Depends on your position and number of players at the table. at a full 9 handed table first 2 positions generally min bet, other positions 3-4x bet... but its situational

PokerOwned Veteran
    early game early position ya 4x it.. later in game 2.5x .... u wanna disguise ur range.. so open aa and kq same

As with every other post of this nature, there are no absolutes. It depends on how deep you are, what your feeling about the table is, etc. Every hand is a unique situation.

PokerOwned Master
    Shouldn't it depend on how the people in the table play? If you move to a new table an u get a monster hand, maybe just play the hand really conservative with your bets, or donkish, so they get a bad read on u.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    depends on stages in tournaments, whos at the table.. your table image atm etc

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    All in

LLB King
    Raise it always with these hands, however much you like.

Number One is position, If you are in an early position you should slow play and just raise 3X the big blind and see who comes along...with any luck you might have an aggressive player that re-raises you (thats when you shove)... if you are in a late position or one of the blinds then you raise a little heavier (pot size bet) or depending on your chip stack go all-in...ask 3 different people and you will get 3 answers!!! Develop your own style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by HopsnBarley28 View Post
    As with every other post of this nature, there are no absolutes. It depends on how deep you are, what your feeling about the table is, etc. Every hand is a unique situation.
    IMO this is the best advice I've seen in this post. Every hand is different & depends on the other players, position, chip stack(s), in a tourney or SnG; the time into the game as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast