Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71125.27

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Post Carbon Poker, Too Many Rebuy Tournaments?

This a pretty basic Question. In my opinion, especially of the low limit tournaments,
    there are simply too many rebuy tournaments. What's your opinion? Answer Below.

Some with a big bank roll can afford to play re-buys. I know a guy who was a super nova on stars who actually liked the re-buy tournaments. He was successful in them also.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    I suppose, but real skill is determined in regular freezouts.

I think you see so many rebuys on the Merge sites because it is easier for them to offer guaranteed money in those tournaments with lower traffic than what you see on the bigger sites.

Stars could (and I believe still does) offer $4k and $5k guarantees on $1.10 buy in tournies because they knew that they would get over 5,000 entrants.

Even with the recent growth, there are still no more than 10,000 playing at any one time across the entire Merge network. In order for them to offer guaranteed money in a tournament they almost have to make the tournament a rebuy in order to reach the guarantee.

Hopefully with continued growth you'll see fewer rebuys as time goes on.

Banned
    carbon poker sucks. one of the worst sites ive ever played on. delete it now ya na i mean

PokerOwned Master
    I dont play the rebuys much but if I do, I play like they're not there. I think add ons are a waste. If your playing well and have 10,000 chips why add on? It looks like 95% use it and I dont see the point. You can make that in 1 good hand so why bother. Maybe if you skip the 1st hour and buy in late with r/a you gotta stack but....

Don't like these at all,,,,so I don't ,,,,play,,,,as to why there are so many, more players I guess,,,
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned God
    I guess you are right, would love to see more freezouts

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by panthers63 View Post
    I dont play the rebuys much but if I do, I play like they're not there. I think add ons are a waste. If your playing well and have 10,000 chips why add on? It looks like 95% use it and I dont see the point. You can make that in 1 good hand so why bother. Maybe if you skip the 1st hour and buy in late with r/a you gotta stack but....
    More chips = more power. The people that do not add-on are handicapping themselves.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    More chips = more free chips for lower stacks....lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast