Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70769.27

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master

hadiina Heads up challange 0 to 1k in poker stars

hello and wellcome everyone visiting this thread.
    for people that dont know me i am hadi from iran and been here member for almost a year and playing at fulltilt and poker stars.
    i had my upside and downside in my poker life in here and like lots of people here i need a goal and plan for grinding.so like lots of our friend here i desided to start a challange and start playing by plan and bankroll manage ,but this challange is diffrente,since i am not too bad in heads up i desided to play for 1k bankroll just by playing heads up events and regular heads up SNGs.in this thread i am gonna follow up my state and win and loses and busted hands if needed,and try to share with u guys so anyone can help me to improve my HU game ,wellcome here .
    i am gonna either deposit or use my cerrent bankroll for 15 or 20 dollar to start and in this thread i am gonna tell exactly my plan for games and time of plays.

i am looking forward to hear you guys sujestions and please give any idea or share anything u think that helps my challange and i hope to concuare this goal.

thank u guys for your help and ideas in advance

hadiina

PokerOwned Master
    ok,since there is going to be at least 1.5 dollar buy in heads up in poker stars,the starting bankroll for that level gonna be 30 dollars,so starting bakroll is 30 dollar and i am gonna move up if i have 20 buyins for next level,that means 40 buyins for the level i play.
    here are exactly how i planed it and please share your ideas with me about plan and what should i do.
    LEVEL 1 1.5$ HU bankroll 30 dollar
    2 3.5$ HU 70
    3 7 HU 140
    4 15 HU 300
    5 30 HU 600
    6 60 HU 1200

tournoments that i play for heads up bankroll boost
    saturday 11$ saturday dual 15k garentee
    every day (if i have a proper bankroll for playing that)
    1 10.5$ heads up super knock out 1k
    2 10.20$ heads up ST 3k
    3 2.2$ 64 man winner takes all
    4 5.5$ 64 man winner takes all
    5 any heads up in scoop or micro million or any events that i can afford to lose

PokerOwned Master
    ok i am giving my self 1 week to peaper the starting bankroll and reading some good books about HU games and please guide me u heads up player any good reading material about heads up omaha or holdem or any forum that u guys think have good material for HU players
    i am gonna list some books that i have or a section about heads up in a book and give a list to myself and here for anyone wanted to read or follow up

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME POKER PRO GOOD HEADS UP PLAYERS AND BOOKS OR FORUMS

PokerOwned Master
    i search some good forums about HU trainings and books,these books and forums i come on with,and i am gonna share it first for my self when i come back to this thread and for people loves HU and want to learn something in HU pokers.

BOOKS:
    1.Heads-Up Tournament Poker: Hand-by-Hand by Annie Duke (Author), Vanessa Rousso (Author), Josh Doody
    2.Heads-Up No-Limit Hold 'em by collin moshman
    everyone in internet talks about this second books so i hope i can download the PDF and start reading ASAP

Forums:
    1.Heads Up Poker - Heads Up Strategy
    2.curdrunners
    3.PSO
    4.2plus 2
    5.Poker Videos and Poker Forums: DeucesCracked Videos 7 days FREE

PS:i hope this is ok that i share some other forums for people that seek for HU information,if not i am gonna delete it,but i think it is cool for learning perpuses to guide people to some place they can learn

PokerOwned Master
    ok i am gonna ask any of you guys that know any thing about HUD s and please can anyone sell me or share with with me a proper HUD that i track my poker HU challange with that?since we dont have paypal or credit card here it is kind of hard for me to buy any of those HUDs ,please share any good HUDs free or any other ones that u guys have a good time with it or any MTT softwares that can help MT HU games,thanks

PokerOwned Master
    ok thanks to free internet now i downloaded those 2 books from 4shared.com and trying to read those in this week and also try to read articles in the HU poker site and give other sites a try and try to find best reading material too

PokerOwned Master
    i just read a short article about starting hand,i am gonna share it for myself and who wants to know the odds of starting hands winners

There are a total of 1326 starting hands in Texas Holdem poker, this is calculated by taking 1 of the original 52 card deck and then one of the remaining 51 cards:

(1/52)*(1/51) = 1326 combinations.

If we leave aside the different combinations of suits then these can be reduced to 169 distinct starting hands. 13 of these are pairs, 78 are suited unpaired cards and the remaining 78 are unsuited unpaired cards.

The cards that you are dealt affect the probability of your opponent having the same holding. For example if you are dealt an Ace before the flop there are only 3 remaining aces in the deck – the chances of an opponent holding an ace has been reduced by 25%.

The table below shows the odds of being dealt specific strength holdings before the flop.

A-A (220/1 or 0.45%)

A-K (81.9/1 or 1.1%)

A-A, K-K, Q-Q or 10-10 (54.3/1 or 1.8%)

Any Pocket Pair (16:1 or 6.25%)

Any 2 Cards Jack or Higher (10.1/1 or 9.05%)

The relative strength of pre-flop hands in heads-up poker can be calculated by assuming that your opponent has a random holding. That is to say that the chances your hand will win a showdown if all the chips went in to the middle immediately can be ranked in terms of your holding compared to the whole range of your opponent’s possible cards.

The table below gives the pre-flop odds of selected head-up poker hands

A-A, wins 84.93% of the time.

K-K, wins 82.12% of the time

Q-Q, wins 79.63% of the time.

J-J, wins, 77.15% of the time

A-K (suited), wins 64.47% of the time

K-Q (not suited), wins 60.43% of the time.

J-10 (suited) wins 56.15% of the time

K-4 (not suited) wins 50.23% of the time

Hands below K-4 off suit are not favorite before the flop…
    the very worst hand 2-3 (not suited) wins only 29.24% of the time

PokerOwned Master
    As you will see from the table below, pairs increase in value in the rank of starting hands for heads-up play. You will only be dealt a pair once in every 17 deals meaning that the chance of both players holding a pair is approximately (17*17) = 289/1. Any pair is a favorite against a non-paired hand before the flop. Having just a single opponent means that higher pairs are extremely unlikely.

and here are top starting hands in HU that is deffrente from full table rankings

1 – A-A
    2 – K-K
    3 – Q-Q
    4 – J-J
    5 – 10-10
    6 – 9-9
    7 – 8-8
    8 – A-K (suited)
    9 – 7-7
    10 – A-Q (suited)
    11 – A-J (suited)
    12 – A-K (not suited)
    13 – A-10 (suited)
    14 – A-Q (not suited)
    15 – A-J (not suited)
    16 – K-Q (suited)
    17 – 6-6
    18 – A-9 (suited)

PokerOwned Master
    i liked this thing i read some where,so true

Think of playing heads up like being in an argument. In every relationship there is usually a dominant person and a submissive person. If both parties are dominant then most likely the relationship will not work out. The same goes for heads up poker. There is usually an aggressive player that dominates the other player and gets his or her way (which is to win). In the case of two aggressive players playing heads up, the game is usually much more exciting, but it is also a much shorter game.

This brings us to our next point. Let's say you are an aggressive player, but you end up losing every time you play against another aggressive player. Every time you raise he raises, and it seems like there is never a bet that is just called. What can you do to take down these difficult opponents? While reading some strategy articles on the web today I came across a great article that discusses Tight Aggressive Texas Holdem Poker. The article makes gives some great pointers on how to tighten up your game while staying aggressive.

How does all of this tie into heads up poker? Everything you read about heads up poker always tells you to be aggressive. What if your aggressiveness causes you to lose every game you play because you get called when you have a K-10 by someone with an A-2 who ends up catching an ace? This may mean you should tighten up your game while staying aggressive. Narrow your starting hands down to just the top ten heads up poker starting hands. If you play only those hands and fold the rest, you will improve your win percentage against other aggressive players.

Consider an aggressive heads up player to be a wolf looking for a kill. Don't give him a chance to take your chips. If you want to be a tight and aggressive heads up poker player then you need to play hands which you would feel comfortable going all in with. I like to call it the "put up or shut up" approach. Keep in mind that you need not apply this strategy if your opponent is not an aggressive player, but only if you find yourself up against a blood thirsty, aggressive, head hunting opponent.

PokerOwned Master
    ok i study the tables format in poker stars and i am gonna make some changes for my bankroll build,i am gonna stick to the plan,like i said but playing 3.5 heads up games untill i i get to 50 buy ins so that means 175 dollar and the reson behind that is there are like 4 player 3.5 dollars that winner takes all like 13.5 dollars and i did beat those game before softly,and then start playing 7 dollar heads up game untill 550 dollars so that makes me stick to 7 dollar more and like 80 bui ins
    the reason i am gonna play 7 dollars more becuase there are 16 and 4 and 32 man games SNGs in poker stars that winning one of them can boost my bankroll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast