Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70699.93

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

Looking for any strategy advice on transitioning from SNG games to cash games

Grateful for any advice on the difference in strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyJ View Post
    Grateful for any advice on the difference in strategies.
    Really a different beast, although SNG's should have built a basic understanding of the game. You should easily be able to play 4nl and beat it. Just slowly work your way up the cash game stakes, and learn and make adjustments along the way.

Seasoned Veteran
    Thank you!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Def start small and see how you do. The blinds stay the same and stack sizes are usually 50-100 bbs. I dont think theres any big strategy on transitioning. Its still poker and you have to adjust on players at the table are playing you.

Seasoned Veteran
    Thanks!

PokerOwned Master
    One thing you will realize is that many tables are different. If you figure out another payers strategy (and are successful winning money from them) then tag them or write notes, so you can take more money. Find your own strategy and don't be afraid to lose some chips in order to gain some, because it is a quicker game... Best of all Goodluck!

Seasoned Veteran
    Guys this is great, thank you. Here is a question:

How do you feel your play differs from a SNG knowing you can just buy in again?

In cash games, i just pick the BEST of the BEST of the BEST spots to play in. you literally have all day to sit and wait for premium hands.

playing them properly is something i'd have to be paid to teach tho

also if you are gonnna "gamble" rather than take control of the hand by raising make sure you are getting good odds
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

PokerOwned Veteran
    i think the biggest thing in cash games is to know when to get out when the cards get cold, same as tourneys and sngs but there is no end so just be patient and leave if ya have to

PokerOwned Demi-God
    in cash ants dont go up so you have time for waitng premium hands end you have more romm for playing you have more bb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast