Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hadiina View Post
    i liked this thing i read some where,so true

Think of playing heads up like being in an argument. In every relationship there is usually a dominant person and a submissive person. If both parties are dominant then most likely the relationship will not work out. The same goes for heads up poker. There is usually an aggressive player that dominates the other player and gets his or her way (which is to win). In the case of two aggressive players playing heads up, the game is usually much more exciting, but it is also a much shorter game.

This brings us to our next point. Let's say you are an aggressive player, but you end up losing every time you play against another aggressive player. Every time you raise he raises, and it seems like there is never a bet that is just called. What can you do to take down these difficult opponents? While reading some strategy articles on the web today I came across a great article that discusses Tight Aggressive Texas Holdem Poker. The article makes gives some great pointers on how to tighten up your game while staying aggressive.

How does all of this tie into heads up poker? Everything you read about heads up poker always tells you to be aggressive. What if your aggressiveness causes you to lose every game you play because you get called when you have a K-10 by someone with an A-2 who ends up catching an ace? This may mean you should tighten up your game while staying aggressive. Narrow your starting hands down to just the top ten heads up poker starting hands. If you play only those hands and fold the rest, you will improve your win percentage against other aggressive players.

Consider an aggressive heads up player to be a wolf looking for a kill. Don't give him a chance to take your chips. If you want to be a tight and aggressive heads up poker player then you need to play hands which you would feel comfortable going all in with. I like to call it the "put up or shut up" approach. Keep in mind that you need not apply this strategy if your opponent is not an aggressive player, but only if you find yourself up against a blood thirsty, aggressive, head hunting opponent.
    this is a nice thread and this last post in special a very nice post ...... hope u get successful on ur HU grinding and i will certainly be following this thread closely, gl in ur games man .....

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

PokerOwned Master
    i love u man,u are my first follower and commentor,i start from one week,when i have more time to play and i grind the starting bankroll

Seasoned Veteran
    i only play holdem HU. A lot less waiting for hands and just playing a lot of hands if you want to win, but then it also depends a lot on the player you are up against. Big pointer in HU is position, you are already at a huge advantage seeing the flop on the button. Definitely the biggest adjustment from normal 6/9 seater games is becoming more aggressive, yet finding as good balance between being an aggressive playeer and not just throwing chips away trying to steal blinds which may not be worth it. Definitely do some reading on betting amounts in relation to pot size, as that is key if you want to be winning. It does become easy, as ive done it myself multiple times, to start making horrible plays if you are up against a really bad player who may keep challenging you to a rematch, so you're really gonna have to focus. also just a tip is a lot of the time, if the player puts in a large bet on the river he normally has you beat, or raises you on the river for that matter. Unless you have obviously seen him do it multiple times if you're a winning player at other table sizes i doubt it will take you too long to adjust as its still poker. Hope i could help

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    i only play holdem HU. A lot less waiting for hands and just playing a lot of hands if you want to win, but then it also depends a lot on the player you are up against. Big pointer in HU is position, you are already at a huge advantage seeing the flop on the button. Definitely the biggest adjustment from normal 6/9 seater games is becoming more aggressive, yet finding as good balance between being an aggressive playeer and not just throwing chips away trying to steal blinds which may not be worth it. Definitely do some reading on betting amounts in relation to pot size, as that is key if you want to be winning. It does become easy, as ive done it myself multiple times, to start making horrible plays if you are up against a really bad player who may keep challenging you to a rematch, so you're really gonna have to focus. also just a tip is a lot of the time, if the player puts in a large bet on the river he normally has you beat, or raises you on the river for that matter. Unless you have obviously seen him do it multiple times if you're a winning player at other table sizes i doubt it will take you too long to adjust as its still poker. Hope i could help
    thank u very much for good info,i hope I start my challenge soon,and the only resean I don't start is by now my university exams very soon starts and I promiss to make very good grade this semester and one other resean is to read the moshmon book in heads up that 370 pages before starting,i doubt the topics he is tlking works for smaller heads up and no imaginationation players but this challenge is a start for my heads up climb.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Don't forget that playing any two cards can give you a 'heads up' on your opponent, then you can ctach em' when they miss they ace-high
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12