Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Move

Elite PokerOwned Member

Your Move

Your sitting at a live cash table..You've been there for about an hour and a half and your stack is about 2.5x larger than what you sat down with...you get dealt ADJD and are first to enter the hand...You throw at a raise of 3xBB and you get two callers, the person next two X1 who is lag type of player...two seats down you have another caller X2 who seems to be playing a tag type of style (doesn't play a lot of hands..when he is in a hand raising or re-raising pre with QQ's, etc, also has 2nd largest stack at table..yours is largest).

Flop comes 8D 10D 8C...Pot sitting at about $50

Your first to act you bet out $24 and they both call making the turn around $125ish
    Board now shows 8D 10D 8C 7D

Now you bet out $40..X1 folds and X2 re-raises to $140 (sitting with about another $200 behind)...What is your move in this situation and why?

hell if I know, I suck at cash games,,, in a tourny I'm all in !!!!
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    This is a tough spot. It's all about trusting your read. If your opponent flopped or turned a full house, you are drawing dead. In most cases, this is an all-in with the nut flush, with your opponent likely to call with an 8 or any overpair.

It's sure hard decision you don't know if your opponents sitting with a boat, he could definely bluff this situation too.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned Veteran
    i shove it's nuthin 2 lose at this point if you just call you his next move is to shove and you have the nut flush can't really improve on it and you have him covered, for all you know he could have k-q of diamonds,maybe had a suited ace 8,could be a stone cold bluff and you seem to have been the aggressor in the hand,he just called the post flop bet and the turn card that makes your hand improves his enough to reraise 3.5 times your turn bet smells fishy 2 me in any case if he has trips wouldn't wanting him spiking the river boat and that sounds pretty much like whats happening or he thinks u were trying 2 buy the pot after the other guy folds and is making a play 4 the pot with nothing.

just curious what did err... would you do ????
    Last edited by zman523; 09-16-2011 at 01:54 AM.

PokerOwned God
    I guess I would have shoved here, donīt think he has a full house

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zman523 View Post
    i shove it's nuthin 2 lose at this point if you just call you his next move is to shove and you have the nut flush can't really improve on it and you have him covered, for all you know he could have k-q of diamonds,maybe had a suited ace 8,could be a stone cold bluff and you seem to have been the aggressor in the hand,he just called the post flop bet and the turn card that makes your hand improves his enough to reraise 3.5 times your turn bet smells fishy 2 me in any case if he has trips wouldn't wanting him spiking the river boat and that sounds pretty much like whats happening or he thinks u were trying 2 buy the pot after the other guy folds and is making a play 4 the pot with nothing.

just curious what did err... would you do ????
    Thats kinda what I put him on..Either the Khi flush or like A8...Didn't think he would be drawing for a straight with flush showing on the board either...After the first guy folded it didn't take long for the X2 to go ahead and raise me..it was almost instantaneous..(I remember he said something to the affect that I bet to much on the turn or overbet...which in turn I believe I underbet if anything/value bet the turn hoping one of the other players hit a flush as well...But I don't remember if he said this with his raise or if it was right after the hand that he said something)

As to answer your question Z...I thought for a minute...with his re-raise I was having to call another $100 to win over $400 ($305 in pot after his re-raise)...I went ahead and re-raised him all in

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I dont think there is a person on this site that would have folded.

so wtf did he have?

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    Its all in or fold bro i would jam it in on him, your beating everything except the boat and quads,, does he have you beat or think your blufffing.. the 40 dollar looks like a defense bet, so he could be raising you weaker then you think, he could just have trips granted you only made is 3x, letting him get in cheap.

Get your money in and hope it holds! lol

Hope that helps!

TTYL

Elite PokerOwned Member
    with your luck push with my luck fold

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast