Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Going to be on the opr top 100 list in less than a year.

Ok here's your shot to laugh, but I am serious. In a year or less you guys are going to see me on the list of top 100 mtt players on Merge. I am going to be grinding the fuck out of the FR's here over the next couple of months. I hope to grind out some Juicy Stakes money as well, and consolidate it over to Merge. I grinded out some money over the last few days, but used it to play in a satellite and smallish tourney. I made it into a $22 plo8 tourney but failed to cash. Going to make this thread the longest running thread on this forum by posting at least a few times a day. I will post interesting hands and my input. Hopefully this thread will motivate me to implement strict BRM. That has been my downfall in the past. I have a hyper addictive personality, and constantly look for action and competition. That has lead me to play games that I am not adequately rolled for. In the end it has affected my game adversely. I went on a bit of a hiatus a couple of months ago due to school mostly; but also due to the fact that I went from $0 to $700 and back down to $0 in the span of about a week. Additionally, when I went busto I acquired a stake from a PO member here and FT'ed it but only made $50. I wrongly used the money in an attempt to build another BR and lost that money as well.
    So here I stand now. I am broke, but more determined than ever to make this work. I played every sport imaginable in H.S and was really good. So naturally poker, and the competition aspect appealed to me. Plus the allure of winning a major score was appealing as well. Over the last 3 years it has been a love hate relationship. However, this time I am going to make it work. I am very cognoscente of how much work this is going to take, but this time I am willing and determined to do it right. What I am about to say next may come off as rude and arrogant, but please take no offense. I know of several players on here that have stats that are alot better than mine currently. Nevertheless, I consider myself to be a far superior player. I do realize that my stats would suggest otherwise. So now it is time for me to put up or shut up. I have my classes well under control, and I am going to be playing alot of FR's, and once I earn some money from the FR's here I will be playing some very small tourneys and sng's, all the while implementing very strict BRM. This should be an interesting thread. I am generally not one to put myself out there, so I have alot invested for image sake. Tomorrow let the games begin.

Consolation prize...you won the PO lottery yesterday.

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    Youve been busted tilted, and then rock bottomed.. sucks.. hang in there... good brm for the win. takes a while, but good smart poker will always prevail

Damn I am so excited about this fresh start and new mindset that I am in. I am compiling a music playlist for my grinding sessions. Once I get my BR up off the ground, I will be playing tirelessly. Hit me up in the thread with some music suggestions for my iTunes. I like: Five Finger Death Punch, Breaking Benjamin, Lincoln Park, Green Day, Evanescence, Creed, Daughtry. Basically Ilike alot of rock music, but not and heavy metal/screamo.... never really got into that, lol. I like alot of pop music as well. I like some country, but not much. Hit me up with some suggestions. Even some of you older people on here might suggest music that I might like. I enjoy being surprised by an old song that I never heard of that is good. Heard a Pat benatar song the other day, and was like," damn that was a good song." Surprise me. I don't know wtf is wrong with my keyboard on my laptop, but I routinely have to go back and separate words that have run together, even though I clearly hit the spacebar. Also, sometimes I get into a grove typing, and look up to see that my typing veered into previously written stuff. I dunno why, because it has never happened to me before. Oh that reminds me of a story that pisses me off. I had to purchase a used laptop after my MacBook Pro got stolen this semester. Still don't know whats going to happen with that claim. I guess it falls under a homeowners claim.... imagine that. So crazy bitchin semester so far.... but alin all I might just take the Van Wilder route and ride the college train out for as long as possible. Feel free to post any sort of comments in the thread so that I know that I am not talking to the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisleysky View Post
    Consolation prize...you won the PO lottery yesterday.
    Yes, that I did. I used it to payoff my loan that was in default. See you around.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    GL2U, hope u can do it. Like urself i tend to play it as i make so im not one to help in that area but ill gladly add some feedback to hands u post, hopefully ull find it helpful or at least another view of it.

If u want someone to talk to about how to hold onto FR winnings there is a dude that could probly help u.

Once again, GL in ur grind.

Survey Master
    you want some motivational music download DMX Lord give me a sign. eminem til i collapse theory of a deadman i hate my life and not meant to be crossfade cold. theres a few good songs to put in your head

PokerOwned Veteran
    heres a song. new low BY: middle class rutt.
    The USED is a good screamo emo band.. hes pretty arrogant in lyrics. he may be a good match for you

Quote Originally Posted by tommy62278 View Post
    you want some motivational music download DMX Lord give me a sign. eminem til i collapse theory of a deadman i hate my life and not meant to be crossfade cold. theres a few good songs to put in your head
    I forgot Theory of a Deadman on the list... I like them. Crossfade I have heard but can't really say I have listend to them much. Eminem is always good to throw in the mix occasionally. Now this DMX " Lord Give me a Sign" I can't quite take seriously... sorry. I grew up in a family that went to Baptist church Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday..... so yeah I dunno I just thought I would throw that out there. Guess I really don't care much for that one.... and guess I don't quite understand the whole Gospel Rap? The other one's are good though.

PokerOwned Master
    Good luck man. It takes time to build a bankroll in poker and to become a good player. By grinding hard these next couple months, you are going to learn a ton about your play and others. I'm excited for you man.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast