Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63415.6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Getting in a tournament late.

I was just wondering what ya'll think are the pros and cons of registering late in a tournament. I'm talking at the last minute and it being like a 45 minute late register time frame. Take care
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned Master
    Do po tourneys stilll have late reg?

It really depends on the blind structure of the tournament. If it's a turbo, you're probably going to be registering with 1-2 bb's if you register that late. Some people like to register late for a rebuy, and register, take the rebuy, and then the add-on. If you're playing a deepstack tournament with long blind levels, you don't put yourself at a big disadvantage by registering late.

Personally I always try to register within the first blind level, lots of monkeys throwing chips around then.

But as is the case with most poker questions, the answer is "it depends".

20:52 <onehotdame> sug ...your the most helpful of Mods
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

PokerOwned Veteran
    Playing from the start of the tournament +:
    -Blinds are lower
    -Weak opponents give away their money
    -You don't have to face big stacks at the start

Banned
    i will reg late sometimes, only if i missed a little bit of time. if you enter a game to late, you are in need of a quick double up just to be hovering around average, i don't like that.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i dont mind doing that in the $1 1.5k rebuy.. you double up once you can make some good $

PokerOwned God
    I rarely register late, like to play it from the beginning

pros/cons: pros: getting in late and doubling up or rebuy than adding on, sometimes that puts you close to average stack with 1/3 of the field already out give good shot at ITM. cons: your usally short stacked and fighting just to get to be the bubble boy. Odd are generally stacked against you.

what ssugs said basically if its a long blind structure where you can take your time then regging late is a bonus, i tend to reg late because im impatient and if theres a tourney already started i dont have to wait for it lol
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned God
    I am superstitious about late registering just because I feel like I might of missed a few monster hands. I don't know why but I've always thought that.

ssuglia explained it very well though, it all depends on what kind of tourney it is.

#NiggasInParis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast