i raise a bb
    folds around to big blind
    guy in the bb calls

flop j94

its a rainbow

i have like 12 bbs left
    bb starts and he raises like 8 bb
    i go all in
    i do this because it seems logical and the guy seems pretty loose, however i really had no idea what he had, i couldnt put him on aj or worse, so i think i knew he had me, but i called anyway. i have to aa so i might as well as take a shot.
    guy shows j9
    im out in 11th
    for some reason i felt like this was going to happen
    i really believed i was going to be mister bubble boy
    but its kind of weird i think that he raises so much,
    dont you think he wants value?
    i mean with j9 i think he should know that his hand is good, if i had a set he wouldnt get me to fold it lol, idk i dont really get why certain players do things
    well i can ask what would you do, but i think anybody would have shoved there
    Last edited by b112895; 10-14-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Banned
    shove preflop esp on bubble... he is forced to fold bottom line you cant fold AA but you just raise and hope ak aq pp calls.

Knight-Lieutenant
    yea but i wanted to get value, i really needed a double up, and i put in a raise to 400, i had about 2000 left, so i wanted him to catch a pair and then get owned

well I can tell you in the big MTT tourney's, after grinding for 3 or 4 hours and I am close to bubble folding A-A is pretty easy for me. Now in these PO tourney's with a field of 40 A-A at the bubble insta shove!!! And hope for the best.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Banned
    I'm sorry if you have AA on the bubble there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you can fold. You can play it two ways raise 4x bb or shove. Raising 4x bb you force your self with basically shoving flop no matter what it is and hoping a stack didnt call it and hit. Or shove and hope you get called with pp or ak ect and if thats the point you got it in good and theres nothing you cant do. But in ANY case you CANT fold.

Shove,Shove and oh yea, SHOVE!!!!!
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    Having AA pre-flop on the bubble is a tricky situation. I don't think you played the hand wrong. He would try to push you out of the hand with any jack there and was lucky to flop two pair. You should have probably raised more pre-flop to try to get everyone to fold to win the blinds.

Private
    AA is always a tricky hand.... i have had it beet by many hands that had no place being in the hand!! hahaha got to love this sickining game!!haha

PokerOwned God
    bb is suppose to call a min raise there ... 3or4x raise or shove ... I prefer the shove more often then not.

Shove it like a red headed step child!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast