Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60810.71

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Folding a Flopped Flush with little information

I flopped a flush with full stack in a limped pot five way. I have 56hh on Q73hh. Is anyone ever folding here? We both started the hand ~100bbs $50.00 stacks at .25/.50. Villian is a competent reg, he does bet in position and shows some signs of aggression.

Starting Game #75065175-34
    dirttrack88 is the Dealer
    Shuffling Cards
    Ra350z posted Small Blind $0.25
    mistersmartypants posted Big Blind $0.50
    You Were Dealt (6h,5h)
    dtemple114 folds
    Holono calls $0.50
    Sup4Donk calls $0.50
    jrancor folds
    bigdog136 calls $0.50
    dirttrack88 folds
    Ra350z calls $0.50
    mistersmartypants checks
    Dealing Flop (3h,Qh,7h)
    Ra350z checks
    mistersmartypants checks
    koreatown has been seated
    Holono bets $1.25
    Sup4Donk calls $1.25
    bigdog136 raised to $4.50
    Ra350z folds
    mistersmartypants calls $4.50
    koreatown leaves
    Holono folds
    Sup4Donk is All In ($50.25)

ima donkey who makes -EV decision after -EV decision, so i cant help this thread... i will post though
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Banned
    I agree with the logic that if I'm not willing to get it in with a flopped flush then why the fuck am I playing in the first place. To me his range is sets, made flushes, and a few combo draws mostly Ahx. I am leaning towards made flushes due to the fact he called and then back jammed over a raise and call. Seems like he is now trying to extract max value/force Ah holder to a tough decision. I know my hand is under-repped and most of my opponents will not put me on a flush. I also think that some people will actually view my hand as not wanting more hearts meaning I have some value hand like top top, over pair, or I have a baby flush. I think fold pre is the bottom line but I think as played the fold on flop is correct. Unfortunately.

he limped AA or KK w a heart pre
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Banned
    Really feel like most of his range is made flushes that don't have the ace of hearts and sets.

50% made flush
    25% set
    10% combo draw mostly containing ace of hearts, or a queen (example AhQ, KhQ)
    6% naked Ah
    2% over pair with no heart
    1% AQo
    1% something else

PokerOwned Master
    i agree with your analysis...i mean im not good enough to provide advice. BUT, i think many good players would make the laydown here. I think the set percentage maybe higher. It depends what you think his image of you is. Given he's a reg at this level, idk if hed be playing with anything lower than a the combo draw.

I think you save yourself money here though. If he deserves the respect you give him, then you prolly made a good play. I know it feels bad, bc you hit the best flop you could of gotten :/ and still had to fold.

i would of called bc, you got the best flop w ur hand, but then again idk what percentage of the time he puts you on the hand u have. he prolly put u on a set or combo draw, and pushed with made flush or a combo draw himself.

idk, this is complicated. not really sure. sorry, if this doenst help. i just figured id give some thought.

i think you shouldnt worry though. if you are a winning player, then it might have been worth calling to see what the reg has. You would have eventually made back ur losses if u lose and gotten a ton of good info.

I think you just gotta play your game though. All the pros make big laydowns like this though, when the get played back at, so its not necessarily a bad play. You might have just made a genius laydown. I think its good to move on though, DONT LET THIS TILT YOU.

based on your logic, the fold seemed to be correct.

PokerOwned Master
    i think u shoudl post this on two plus two or decues cracked forum. There shoudl be some good advice there from more experienced players.

Banned
    Yes the set percentage could definitely be higher. The trickiest part of the hand is that he goes from flatting 1.25 to jamming $50. I think a crucial part of the hand is the SB putting in $4.50 making his check call look pretty damn strong. Either nut draw or made flush. Felt gross to fold. Glad I wasn't last to act. I might of fold showed. Which would be terrible. Ew.

Banned
    I think its good to move on though, DONT LET THIS TILT YOU.
    Really good advice. Good to analyze but I should be doing it when I am not mid session. Lol

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeYourFace View Post
    he limped AA or KK w a heart pre
    That is exactly what I would have assumed and made the all in call. ....And then I would have lost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast