Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etiquette

Etiquette

Where has poker etiquette gone? When sites have to post warnings about not talking at the tables about your cards in the middle of a hand thats just sad. Even the etiquette at our games could improve. How bout when you give someone a bad beat saying something like good game or sorry.
    Dont be childish and talk crap on someone in a private game either. Were all from the same community and aside from joking with certain people who you are friends with, it is really uncalled for.

Banned
    braves suck

I find it pretty annoying when people say sorry. They obviously arent sorry because they hardly wanted you to win the hand. I dont think things like sayin gg or nh are really part of "poker etiquette". I dont see the point in saying nh when the winner of the hand played terrible cards in a terrible way. While i do say nh at times its mostly so i dont say anything i would regret, I look at it as similar to some guy punching you in the face and you just reply "nice punch"

I also think the Good Game thing is a bit overused. I often seen someone lose 1st hand of a tourney and it was nearly an automatic response of the table saying gg to him. Seriously 1 hand and ur saying Good Game??

My view of poker etiquette is things like talking mid hand when ur not involved, revealing your cards, acting out of turn, hitting and running, slowrolling etc...... I dont think you have to friendly and give out fake automated compliments to follow poker etiquette.

I agree with you DeadlySilent. This is poker, bad beats, suckouts happen, it is part of the game. I will call my friends donks and flush chasing whores when the occasions rise and they beat me, but I am totally joking and it is in good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    I find it pretty annoying when people say sorry. They obviously arent sorry because they hardly wanted you to win the hand. I dont think things like sayin gg or nh are really part of "poker etiquette". I dont see the point in saying nh when the winner of the hand played terrible cards in a terrible way. While i do say nh at times its mostly so i dont say anything i would regret, I look at it as similar to some guy punching you in the face and you just reply "nice punch"

I also think the Good Game thing is a bit overused. I often seen someone lose 1st hand of a tourney and it was nearly an automatic response of the table saying gg to him. Seriously 1 hand and ur saying Good Game??

My view of poker etiquette is things like talking mid hand when ur not involved, revealing your cards, acting out of turn, hitting and running, slowrolling etc...... I dont think you have to friendly and give out fake automated compliments to follow poker etiquette.
    What Im really trying to say is instead of ragging a person after a hand say something like that and not something to trash the player or make a comment to rub in a bad beat.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySilent View Post
    What Im really trying to say is instead of ragging a person after a hand say something like that and not something to trash the player or make a comment to rub in a bad beat.
    But people are at poker tables to make money not friends. And if by trash talking after a beat they cause you to get angry and tilted then they are succeeding in what they are trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    But people are at poker tables to make money not friends. And if by trash talking after a beat they cause you to get angry and tilted then they are succeeding in what they are trying to do.
    Talking tournament play not ring game. Specifically KOing someone.

PokerOwned Veteren
    you guys have some parts of poker etiquette but the most important part is what the player says when they loose that really matters just cuz there steaming its poker someone has too win!

Well I agree about someone revealing what their card are during a hand. I find that most annoying and usually they do it more than once.
    As for saying good game etc. Depends on my mood and how many games I'm playing. lol I never try to "rub it in" though.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yes i agree sum ppl r abuse when they lose and some are abuse when they win coz they like act arrogant and stupid its dumb thing to behave like this lol i choose to ignore it most of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast