Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70699.93

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

An entire day of Suckouts.

I understand that suckouts are bound to happen, heck you want them to happen it means that you're playing right. But at least 13 times today I found my self all in either preflop or on the flop itself with a superior hand and got cracked by complete and utter crap. Miracle runner runner straights. My AA vs. 22 and the flop comes 4 2 2 are you serious? I don't have the bankroll for these swings unfortunately so I'm bust. even at the lowest level.
    KcsAcoustic

It sucks when you get a run like that, but it does turn around. Two things - first, focus on some FR action (like PO) to get a small BR built up. Then, be sure to analyze your play (and I see from your other post about the hand history software you are considering this) and look for leaks, like overplaying strong (but not monster/nut) hands, or too often trying to protect monsters by going all-in. Think about each cracked hand and figure out how you could have played it differently (even if it's not by the book or if it would have taken an ego-hit to do it) that would have resulted in you saving some of your stack in that very situation. Then, when you face it again, you don't always want to do that alternate action, but it adds to your repertoire of possible actions.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

Thanks a lot Hops I really appreciate your feedback, I am truly trying to be a winning player, and I have had problems in the past. Tilt, improper B.R., etc. But I've been learning and systematically plugging those leaks. I finally feel like I play at a level where I could consistently turn a profit, but sometimes it's so damn discouraging. I guess I just need to get down to studying. Thanks again.
    KcsAcoustic

PokerOwned Veteran
    really ishould make a thread ... " a life full of suck outs"

Every player runs into crazy variance like you are describing. It happens live and online, but you see it more online because you undoubtedly see more hands. Bankroll management is one of the most important factors or variables that a lot of players overlook. I have an employee whose roommate final tabled a WSOP event and is broke because of bad financial decisions and poor bankroll management.
    Last edited by NateVest; 03-23-2014 at 12:09 PM.

OH suckout as in poker term. thought was the other meaning.

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

think of it this way, you got a lot of suckouts out of the way so maybe you'll get some good or at least average luck for a little while

PokerOwned God
    suckouts are common on online, alot too often..join the party my friend, it happens to alot of us on here..gl today on the tables may the force be with you

PokerOwned Veteran
    Yes indeed, it is part of the game...sometimes you just have to fold

PokerOwned Master
    welcome to my world. It seems no matter how well I play and it doesn't matter what level either cause I always get sucked out on. I am NOT going to fold the best hand either so I just shut down the computer and walk away. sometimes I have sent nasty messages to Carbon. Shouldn't give us that option to send messages lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast