Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61328.88

Seasoned Veteran

Hand Ranging Question

I'm okay with how the hand played out, but I'm curious on the range that we're putting the villian on here.

Game started at: 2014/3/4 21:21:38
    Game ID: 260246166 75/150 $300 GTD TURBO Deep Stack, Table 2 (Hold'em)
    Seat 2 is the button
    Seat 1: Mikewalker14 (4035).
    Seat 2: BPark16 (9190).
    Seat 4: Mikemaxryan (7675).
    Seat 5: Larrrry David (4635).
    Seat 6: FocusedMotion (5055).
    Seat 7: didi30 (5325).
    Seat 8: AsickVendetta (350).
    Seat 9: bluffinclouds (5930).
    Player Mikemaxryan ante (15)
    Player Larrrry David ante (15)
    Player FocusedMotion ante (15)
    Player didi30 ante (15)
    Player AsickVendetta ante (15)
    Player bluffinclouds ante (15)
    Player Mikewalker14 ante (15)
    Player BPark16 ante (15)
    Player Mikemaxryan has small blind (75)
    Player Larrrry David has big blind (150)

Player BPark16 received card: [Qd]
    Player BPark16 received card: [Qs]

Player FocusedMotion folds
    Player didi30 folds
    Player AsickVendetta folds
    Player bluffinclouds raises (300)
    Player Mikewalker14 allin (4020)
    Player BPark16 allin (9175)
    Player Mikemaxryan folds
    Player Larrrry David folds
    Player bluffinclouds folds
    Uncalled bet (5155) returned to BPark16
    *** FLOP ***: [Ah As 5c]
    *** TURN ***: [Ah As 5c] [Kd]
    *** RIVER ***: [Ah As 5c Kd] [6s]
    If you PM me about stakes (or randomly bubble chat me, which I consider the same thing), and I haven't done business with you before, or talked with you before, you will NEVER get a stake from me.

It seems to me that this player was making a play for the blinds and what he perceived to be a weak raise made by a late pos. player testing the waters. This is a pretty standard tournament play. (I would wait a little longer before shoving here.) But his range given that the only info at hand is this single hand, is pretty wide. He's on the cut-off, everyone folds to bluffinclouds who raises 2x bb's, I've executed steals here with anything from T,T down to 2, 3 suited. I wouldn't discount a hand of decent strength here either. Might have been very close. Something like J,J maybe. If I had to guess though I'd probably put him on Pocket pairs (5,5 - J,J) and maybe high suited connectors (8,9 - T,J). Could have hade 2,5 off though, a single hand isn't enough to develop an accurate read on a player.

PokerOwned Pro
    So you don't show the results of the hand? That's the good part!! And a players range cannot be determined by one hand...I'm sure he just wanted the blinds otherwise he would have called. Who knows tho...since we can't see his cards. I would hope he had an AK, AQ, AJ (not for you but to justify his shove). But any pocket pair would be justifiable too. Sometimes shoving with 22 is just good fun.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I say he raged with ace rag

Banned
    alot of people use those tactics to trap i personally will bet into a huge pot with a small value bet with nothing so it appears to be a value bet when really it is just me takin your money lol.

Quote Originally Posted by smokerman22 View Post
    alot of people use those tactics to trap i personally will bet into a huge pot with a small value bet with nothing so it appears to be a value bet when really it is just me takin your money lol.
    that is what I have been done with great success...or just going allin with the stone cold cohoneys...they put you on a bluff and call..even better if they ask and you tell em the truth..and they still call...more of a live game tactic that most have never tried...tell them the truth..they likely call you it seems to me...