Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

PokerOwned Master

plutogons Live Bankroll Thread

Hi guys,

This is more for me than anythign else, but I hope to garner some good advice along the way and stay accountable.

I set aside 500 from my live roll to play. I know this is not a lot, but I can always add more, so in practice my roll isnt necessarily just 500. Its just the amount that I am listing as my start off. I'd prefer not to start off with some large amount anyways. If I go bust and need to add to the 500, then my balance will be negative.

Anyways, all comments are welcome.

PokerOwned Master
    Session 1: Turning stone 1/2 NL Holdem Date: A few weeks back dont remember lol.

Went up 175 and then dwindled stack down to just up 47. I got coolered for 75 before I left when my AK lost to AA on AK5 flop.

Result: +47

Bankroll: 547

PokerOwned Master
    Session 2: Home Game 1/2 NL Holdem 1/28

Played a pretty loose table and just got paid off over and over. My Set Ended up losing to top trips (this is why you don't set mine with 22). I coulda left up 350 at some point, but kept palying.

Ended day +120

Bankroll: 667
    Last edited by plutogon; 01-28-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Seasoned Veteran
    I set aside 500 from my live roll to play. I know this is not a lot, but I can always add more, so in practice my roll isnt necessarily just 500

Honestly, I wouldn't even consider this to be a bankroll. If you are trying to set a value and track against, it, you need a reasonable pool of money you have a shot at succeeding with. General NLHE ring advice is a 20 stack roll min, 50x stack preferable. Perhaphs you could get away with a 10x in really soft live play, but regardless 2.5x stacks can't buffer against variance so you don't have a good measurement pool to start with

PokerOwned Master
    I have money in the bank, enough for a more than enough buy ins. I just dont want to advertise a large bankroll number out there.

PokerOwned Master
    Session 3: Home Game 1/2 NL Holdem 1/30

Bought in for 200. Went up to 300 after winning many pots without going to showdown. Then I had KK preflop and my opp had A5. He flopped wheel draw and hit his wheel on turn. I ended up calling him down to river to end up losing about 150. I picked up decent hands and stayed around 100-200 for a while. Picked up a flush and got back up to 250. people were playing pretty lose preflop with straddles, and I ended up picking up AA on the button and got it all in to get up to around 570. My last hand I shoved the flop on a nut flush draw with top pair against two players and got one caller. I had a little higher than 2.5:1 pot odds (i think) and I ended up losing to a guy who turned trips. I cashed out for 273.

Ended day: +73

Bankroll: 740

PokerOwned Master
    Session 4: Home Game 1/2 NL Holdem 2/6

Bought in for 200 twice...and ran into some bad luck. KK lose 100 dollar preflop to A10 :/ Made some tight folds when I was ahead AQ vs AJ and AJ (WTF...I really didnt think those two were so loose) and just made more losing plays than winning ones.

Had around 50-100 left and only started playing very nitty. Table was loose preflop, so I figured I should pick my spot and paly it aggressively. Doubled up with AQ with top pair on flop. Doubled again with top 2 pair on flop again. Guess ppl didnt realize I was playing ultra tight now (shrug)....Then made a big call against the AJ guy from earlier with AQs preflop (he limp all inned and things just didnt add up, when there wasnt much money in the pot). He ended up having AJo (must be his fav hand or something), and I survived. had around 490, and then made a very speculative call for 150 preflop against 4 other players who literally could no longer bet after preflop. I was getting very good odds, and really any two cards would be good to call. It was a pure gamble but I figured it was worht it. I had 47 suited. Its a shitty hand, but with those odds u gotta call i feel. Turned out one guy had JJ, other KJ, another A10, and the other guy didnt show. I missed my flush, and KJ caugh trip kings, to take down a monster pot. Literally, guy went from 150 to like 700. INSANE!!!

Anyways, I felt that since people were getting a little crazy and it was runing late, and i somehow came back from being stuck 350 to just being stuck 48 at this point, I cashed out for 352.

Ending day: -48

Bankroll 692

PokerOwned Master
    Had abandoned this a while back.

Update: Session 5 Home Game: +16
    Session 6 Home Game: +216
    Session 7 Home Game: -420

Last one was brutal. I had 1200 in front of me at end of night, and decided to play 3 way omaha. Got killed, for all of it. Ended up being down 420 at the end of it all I shoulda left when ahead. I dont know what I was thinking, throwing 6 hours of lucky/decent play away for high variance game. Sure I coulda waked away with a few k, but when your up , you are up. I was tired, and really shoudla called it a day. Players were egging me on asking come on man lets just play.

Lesson Learned: Its your money, you can do whatever the hell you want. Leave when you are tired. Don't play games you are unfamiliar with.

Bankroll: 504