Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70711.49

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

Exclamation If a player is all in.....

People!!! When a player is all in and there is a side pot between 2 other players it makes no sense to bluff the other player out of the pot! You have to show your hand to win the main pot so unless you have a hand WORTH betting and creating a side pot check it down and knock the all in player out. You betting with Ace high makes zero sense when the all in player is gonna win with a random better hand like 33, maybe let the other player in the side pot beat the all in player.

Now if the side pot is substantially large or better yet larger than the main pot by all means play poker and win your pot! Otherwise FREAKIN check!!!!@$@$?&)!!
    "If one wishes to become the master of an art he must transcend technique so that the art becomes an artless art growing out of the subconscious"

PokerOwned Master
    if there is no side pot then there is no need to try and bluff someone out of the pot. If there is any side pot then there can be a bet but they better have the hand won or I am gonna give them shit about betting.

PokerOwned Veteran
    interesting stuff

You're right but as far as giving them crap in a live game checking it down is technically collusion but it's obviously done all the time. You cannot not verbalize your intentions and if they bet with crap into a dry side pot and you fold and would have KO'd the guy you can't talk about that either.

On break you can say whatever you want though.

PokerOwned Master
    Did you get beat by a side pot bluff? lol!

Seasoned Veteran
    I feel like you can bluff to win a side pot that is not as big as the main pot. You might not have any other options of things to do to gain more chips.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Some people are just idiots!! Its that simple!!!

musicmannn
    Checking down to eliminate a Short stack is the smart play. Unless there is a compelling reason, or the main pot is substantial, I agree with you.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    if there is 0 in the side pot, sure check it down. But unless your on the bubble if there is a single chip in the side pot, and the only way you can win is to bluff, then bluff. Its not my fault if you are to scared to call my bet with the best hand. I am playing to win the tournament, which means I need to win all the chips, If I see chips that I can win by bluffing I'm going to bluff. There are very few situations where I would rather a person get knocked out than me winning some chips, there are some but not many.

Seasoned Veteran
    Thank god everyone on here is intelligent and sees that this is correct and all of you made correct statements as well.
    "If one wishes to become the master of an art he must transcend technique so that the art becomes an artless art growing out of the subconscious"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast