Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60810.71

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Basically i dont think there is a set way to play a hand OOP on the flop. My advice to you would be to pick a way you would like to play OOP post flop.

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwrungood View Post
    I dont think its donk betting if u were the aggreser preflop and now betting first.
    I agree with this statement. If you are the PFR and see a flop OOP, betting the flop is just a cbet. A donk bet would be if you limp-called, are OOP on the flop, and bet into the PFR.

That being said it's called donk betting because inexperienced players will often do this when they hit a flop. Typically this happens after limping from early-mid position. It shows a weak player, but it shows a strong hand. It's also completely predictable and allows a decent player in position to exploit the donk bet.

If you are a decent player and get caught calling OOP pre you can use the donk bet as a semi bluff to try and win a hand. I've done this a couple times against tight opponents when I get stuck OOP. It takes the initiative and aggression away from the player in position, and most players don't know how to react. Most players will end up folding, some will call and flop to a turn double barrell, and some may reraise you if they think you are bluffing or hold a monster. The later is rare. This tactic only works against thinking players. Don't bother with this against a LAG, maniac, or calling station.

Experienced Member
    Hello guys im new here... just posting for points

PokerOwned Demi-God
    wen i donk bet just call becase im donk..

Quote Originally Posted by IonutSalam View Post
    Hello guys im new here... just posting for points
    At least you are honest.

Survey Master
    shit happens but at least youre telling us up front

Seasoned Veteran
    Early stage of a 30 people tournament. I get dealt 99 on the small blind. two players limp and I raise to 4BB. BB reraises me all in, the two fold, and I call because I thought he was trying to steal to see he's got AKo. An ace comes out on the turn and I'm eliminated. Was it a donk call?

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by GottImHimmel View Post
    FINAL NOTE These are my own opinions, I am not liable for your losses if you employ them and things do not work out. However, please do respond with any and all criticisms.
    HAHA, good right up, i agree w/alot of what u said, the quoted part had me rollin tho.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234