Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64708.34

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced Member

Home run or small ball

Just curious, if you are on this website and you've built a good bankroll..I'm just curious what your initial deposit was and if you went for the big home run in bigger tourneys than what your roll could maintain and hit..or did you just play a lot of small games. I've tried the small ball small $5.00 tourneys and I'm getting no where. Wondering if maybe 1/2 the tournaments with a bigger payout is the way to go.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I've never made a deposit in my life... and have bankrolls on several sites....... you only earn points to enter tourneys here.... can't cash out of the club dude....

Experienced Member
    So you played small and free roll tourneys?

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Depends on a lot of things. Lots of people here try to hit home runs. Seeing as how there are continual freerolls they win free money and just take it and hope to get lucky. The problem with that is that its addictive, especially if you win and also at what point in time do you put the breaks on and start playing regular. How much of a score is enough. How much money is enough. Are you capable of playing at that level you scored big at. Say you score for $500 or even $5000 can you play with that roll at that level or will you be tilted and knocked to zero. Can you change gears and curb your shot taking desire after you hit for so much. So many things to consider. What makes you happiest is whats most important. If you like to take shots continually then do so. There are a few here who operate like that and withdraw couple hundred every so often. They enjoy doing it like that.

The best way imo is to play over time and if you play correctly over time then eventually if your doing things correctly and continually learning you will come out ahead and if you stick with it long enough there most likely wont be any stakes you can't play at within reason of course. Play correctly using bankroll management. Does that mean not to take shots. No I think we should all take shots from time to time outside our roll. It helps with the learning curve, lets you know where your at and from time to time you score. When you dont its right back to brm. As far as eventually being able to play most any stakes you want, Not talking about playing like isladur or some extreme none sense like that. I am talking about within reason, some of the pros are not within reason and many of them have gone bust from millions as well. But they developed friendships and ties that they can borrow and build up quickly again. Poker is a game over time. Use brm to the best of your ability and you will get better and better. Poker is not just a game played at the table either. Its played off the table as well. Decisions you make away from the poker table can greatly effect what happens at the table.

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

Experienced Member
    That's helpful..just have to learn a lot more patience I guess. Thank you..what do you mean off the table though?

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lagtagnit View Post
    That's helpful..just have to learn a lot more patience I guess. Thank you..what do you mean off the table though?
    If your not somewhat organized in your personal life, financially and otherwise, if you don't make proper decisions as to whats best for you off the table, how can you plan to do well on the table. All that chit will greatly effect your play.

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

tex
    PokerOwned Master
    Yes, I agree with most of what johnny deepstacks says if your a young an upcoming player if your an old middle aged man like me and you play recreationally it's a different story.It all depends on where you are in life and what you want to get out of the game.If you have any kind of addictive personality steer clear,online poker can become addictive.

PokerOwned Master
    great posts here...i will be following this advice, i hope (pray).

Banned
    keep small balling it and you will have a big ass bankroll im mo time.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I actually decided to go from scratch.. i dont recommend that though.. hard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast