Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63058.51

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by madjek View Post
    i think of a rebuy/addon same as freezeout, just figure 3X buyin, reg, rebuy, and addon, if i get knocked out, i don't usually rebuy, but you can find a lot of players who are just looking to double up with almost any two and if they lose, they just rebuy, so you can get a good opportunity to double early if you get a good hand, of course you can also get unlucky and lose early, but chance you have to take.
    Exactly how I look at the rebuy tourneys and play them.

Elite PokerOwned Member Rellik419's Avatar
    I don't mind rebuy or addons as long as the rebuy is usually just once. Don't care for the unlimited rebuys for a period of time. Like the pocket change tourneys in carbon. Only one rebuy and addon.

Quote Originally Posted by marlais View Post
    Are there any rules of thumb about when you should/shouldn't rebuy? Rebuy all the time every time, or rebuy if you will have more than 10bbs after the rebuy, or ???
    Personally, I'm stubborn, and won't rebuy until I'm out of chips. The only time I make an exception is when it is near the end of the rebuy period and I am short stacked. I always take the add on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisleysky View Post
    yeah I agree with everyone, freezeouts are better. I don't know why all the sites have so many rebuys/addons now.
    The extra money from rebuys and addons ensure that the guaranteed payout is hit for the tournament.

20:52 <onehotdame> sug ...your the most helpful of Mods
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I absolutely detest addon/rebuy tourneys. I also dislike a long "extended registration" period once the tourney starts.

Experienced Member
    I think also

PokerOwned Master
    rebuys suck man. never get into a rebuy. Just don't. freezouts are kinda fun.

PokerOwned Pro
    I like rebuy tournament as the pricepool is very interestong at the end

PokerOwned Veteran
    I love the rebuys. They're full of donks wanting to give away their stacks, and you never have to wory about being knocked out until the rebuy period is over. It's up to you to decide when to quit.

so there is certainly

I like them both in different ways. Freezeouts give you consistent play and less variation in the first hour. Rebuys give you bigger prize pools and if you're patient enough to wait until you have a big hand, don't chase draws, etc., they can give you a decent sized chipstack for not too much money (relative to what the donks are throwing in) and all those donks are building the prize pool for when the real tournament begins when the rebuy period is over.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast