Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70102.83

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar

Skill or nuts to bluff

I've always tried to pick my spots correctly when bluffing when an opponent shows signs of weakness which can b faked sometimes... but alot of time I know if I bet i can take the pot down because they are holding either total blanks or a hand not worth tourny life... but just wondering if you think it takes more nuts or skill to bluff...

Both, but you have to consider WHO you are bluffing, because you cant bluff "stupid".
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichMan View Post
    Both, but you have to consider WHO you are bluffing, because you cant bluff "stupid".
    True that i got called yesterday by player with Queen high thats kinda what made me post this thread I was in shock when he called

PokerOwned Pro
    i agree with the both comcept bc u have to know when and when not too

PokerOwned God
    It takes both, but mostly skill. I feel bluffing's more easy in tournaments.

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    bluffing without skill is suicide
    Got a fast GPU? Crunch Bitcoin calculations for PayPal $$$. See my profile for link!

PokerOwned God
    both is needed, but don?t try to bluss a calling station

To bluff successfully takes skill, the nuts part is just being confident in those skills. Bluffing is all about knowing the player and thinking on a level 3 or above. That means you are thinking about what your opponent thinks you have. Basically ranging your opponents range of you. If someone is only thinking on a level 1 (only about their own cards) this won't work because they aren't thinking about what you have (level 2). To bluff you need to be thinking one level above your opponent. You also have to take stack size, pot odds, and player tendencies into account when bluffing. If the pot is $50 and villain only has $10 left in his stack odds are he's going to call with a very wide range. Your fold equity is so small that bluffing is not profitable. You need to figure out how you will do at showdown versus trying to buy the pot.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

I like to semi-bluff more than I do straight out bluff. I guess I'm just not that confident yet.

Experienced Member
    you have to study hard to know the right time to bluff .. because you will not know if trying to bluff and able to lose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast