Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

The Deedbr Zero to Something More than Zero Challenge

I have been itching to start my own challenge. Before I found this wonderful place I was planning on doing the steps and then playing Sit N Gos and Tourneys until I got to $500. Then I would have about 100 buyins for the $5 tables and see where I go from there.

I had figured out all the math and I was looking at if I was the average player I could do 10 Steps a day and by the end of the month I would have $2. I know that is pitiful but I am not going to deposit any money into any of the poker sites. I actually enjoy playing the game and for right now money is not the driving motivation. If it was I would just work more and deposit the extra money.

When I get things going I will cash out and put the funds into the other sites so I can get the different bonuses, but for me this is recreational and I don't want to start feeling like a degen by having to keep dipping into the bank account.

This great place should speed up my timetable but I will stick to my original goals and see how I do.

So here was my Step/Grinding timetable. You will notice that the goals start greatly increasing based on my belief that my skills would get better and I would become more experienced at multi-tabling.

May 14th $2
    June 10th $10
    July 10th $50
    Sept 23rd $250
    Oct 21st $500

So all poker sites started at zero. Thanks to Poker Owned this is where I am currently as of May 21st.

Carbon $22.54
    Juicy $.90
    Lock $4.54
    Bovada $1.40
    BCP $5.10

Total $34.48

So I am well on my way to my July 10th deadline of $50.

The plan for right now is to keep playing the Poker Owned private tourneys, find free rolls that are worth my time, start grinding Sit n Go's, take the occasional stab at supercharging the bank roll without putting it at undue risk.

I really want to thank Zab for everything he does. Aside from the private tourneys all the creative promotions keep poker fun.

Well here is to blowing this challenge out of the water.
    Last edited by deedbr; 05-22-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Up for 36 hours. Grammer and spelling are horrible

PokerOwned Master
    good luck on your challenge

PokerOwned God
    Wow, that's a lot of sites to keep track of. Nice goals though, bro.

PokerOwned God
    GL with your plans, good start indeed.

PokerOwned Veteran
    The good is I am still going up. I had a shot at something that would have almost doubled my bankroll but bubbled. However, still moving on up.

Carbon $25.74
    Juicy $3.60
    Lock $5.69
    Bovada $1.40
    BCP $7.00

Total $43.43

The bad and ugly is my game. Damn sometimes I hate the way I play. I noticed that I am playing like a nit but a passive nit.
    So I decided to open up my game to more hands. Now I am playing like a loose passive idiot.

There are so many things about my game that I need to work on, so I will break out some old books, study and reevaluate.

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    Good luck with attaining your goal and nice start so far...

PokerOwned Veteran
    So I didn't play much over the weekend but I was able to squeeze in several tournaments on Memorial Day. Been working on my game and I am still making Donkey mistakes but I like where I am headed. Right now I believe the biggest flaw is not shifting gears at the right time during the tourney. I either bubbled or got knocked out 1 before the bubble in three tourneys today. I believe I cashed in three of them but none in the top three places.

To me this is a classic sign of not adjusting correctly to the different stages of the tourney. This will be one of the things I will be focusing on.
    New Totals 5/27/2013

Carbon $28.99
    Juicy $3.25
    Lock $5.69
    Bovada $3.20
    BCP $8.30

Total $49.43

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    sounds like you have your hands full!! good luck to u!!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Update 6/2/13

Been reading and experimenting with my game. Not happy with it overall. It goes against my normal style of play, but I figure at the least I need to learn how the enemy plays. Gonna keep on reading, studying and playing.

Carbon $34.14
    Juicy $4.38
    Lock $6.79
    Bovada $3.20
    BCP $9.40

Total $57.91

My goal was $50 by July 10th. I got to my goal earlier than scheduled. Now I need to plug away at my next goal.
    I took a couple stabs that didn't pan out and I will continue to do that as long as my bank roll keeps growing. Just have to stay disciplined.

My next goal is $250 by Sept 23rd.

Congratz on reaching your goal. Reading your poker log has pushed me to start my own little challenge. I'll have to set it up after I get off work today. Which of the sites do you play the most, Carbon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast