Elite PokerOwned Member

What would you do?

5 handed.. your in the cutoff ~ .02/.04 blinds

player 1. +1UTG folds
    player 2. turk raises .10 we are dealt 9s9d
    player 3. button, short stack player, very loose player re raises .36 cents
    player 4. sb folds
    player 5. bb folds

we can re raise here, but i just done that a few hands prior with JJ, and this player layed down their hand.. iv'e also seen this player go all in with 99, and has a very loose image on the table isn't the most solid of players, but i felt this player wasn't just going to muck their hand to a reraise this time with the small stack it had.. and i didn't want to flip allin preflop..

i elect to just call, and see a flop..

flop comes 275 all diamonds, interesting flop.. i remember earlier this player bet on their flush draw, but they were also in first position making a cheap bet to try, and see it.. i checked since i was first to act to see what they do.

player 3 checks behind

turn T of diamond..

i check , player 3 bets .58 cents

what do you do here? ill say what i did after

also any suggestions here on how to play this hand differently .. i would appreciate the output, maybe i cost myself a pot.. iv'e been playing good at the ring tables as of late, but this hand kind of bothered me.. not sure why
    Last edited by lilturkgirl; 01-15-2013 at 09:04 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Well first, off, if you're the Aggressor IE raise preflop, first mistake you only raised it 1xBB. With such 'loose' players you could easily get more $ for 99's. After flop heads up it's unlikely he hit that Flop, if he re-raised it one or two things could of been true. He wanted you to fold and gain that extra .10 you raised, or he maybe MAYBE had a decent marginal hand, since he checked it after flop, I would maybe say, Q10, K10, or maybe even 109, but highly doubt he had diamonds was he on a flush draw, if he had a flash draw by the way you explained it he would have bet that flop. Second you checked the flop with 2nd best pair on the board with a flush draw, meaning you had good pot odds to win that hand. I would have raised it more pre, flop I would have raised it 2/3 pot to see where he stood with that board, if he called then maybe you had some idea where he was at. That's my opinion I may be wrong

PokerOwned Pro
    I would probably fold in this position. A 9 high flush isn't very promising, but he could end up just having a pocket pair that doesnt make a flush. The pot odds arent that great too.

Banned
    fold or push them all in... mostly lean towards folding tho

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    i would say fold after then turn depending on your stack sizes... also depending on stack sizes i woulda push pre

PokerOwned God
    I would've raised all in preflop. There would already be a good amount of money in there considering the blinds.

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    I would have probably done the same thing. Everyone gets there , everyone loses.

I would have called, but I also agree with some other players that if he was short stacked enough I would have put him all in pre-flop.

PokerOwned Master
    yeah since he was short stacked and loose, I would have pushed all-in and hoped he didn't have an over pp.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    thanks for the reponses.. i did decide to fold, and allow the player to have a small pot.. figured i could always isolate them again, and stack them on a better hand.. than to put $ into a pot im really unsure of

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast