Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

Could I have gotten away from this?

This hand has been haunting me for months-- i was in the big blind with 4c 5c... one limper... small blind folded... the player was pretty tight and fairly aggressive. I check.. the flop comes 6c 7c 8d. I raise it up big (15$) (this was live play - 1 dollar 2 dollar)to avoid any potential boat/high flush draws despite my straight flush draw. He raises me up to 60$ and i push with about 130 in the whole with what i thought was the best hand... he calls with 10h9d. I don't catch my flush and my soul is crushed... i was on tilt so i left. Could i have gotten out of this situation.. i must have done something wrong here i feel... or is this just bad luck?? Please advice.. thank you for your time.

PokerOwned God
    I think you played it right. Not a whole lot you can do there with the straight and the redraw to the flush. Just a hand that eventually happens to everyone at some time.

#NiggasInParis

PokerOwned Veteran
    You did well there, nothing else you could have done given how it played out.

PokerOwned Veteran
    It was a good move on your part....you had multiple outs and a flopped straight. Occasionally someone is gonna have 9/10, thats just the way of things. It would be lower variance for you if you were to throw out a feeler bet and try to narrow down possible hand ranges and you could also try to peel off a card or two more to see what could possibly beat you.....That's a low variance play but it might also bring your +EV down in that situation over the long run.

Banned
    by him pushing to $60 you had to think he had the nut str draw,flush/ or even had it already so you have to put your big girl panties now and then and fold.

PokerOwned Master
    you played it well he just had a better hand

PokerOwned Demi-God
    you play that wellafter the flop but before you dind have to play this hand

Experienced Member
    Lets think about this hand. You flop bottom straight with a low board with a flush draw and a straight flush draw. Great flop exactly what you want when you play suited connectors. Here is the problem. You opponent limped which should be odd if he is in fact aggressive. You donk bet and get raised. At this point what do you think your opponent is holding?

Experienced Member
    An over pair. Possibly but why limp with an over pair if he was aggressive? a set possibly but why would he reraise. You would think he would flat and raise turn with one card to go if he put you on a flush draw. Opponent on a draw. Not likely because he is not getting the odds to push here. Why do you think he raised you in the first place. In my opinion he is holding the 910 more often then not. Which still gives you 9 outs for a flush. And one of those being the nuts. But in all reality

Experienced Member
    I would had let him lead out the bet since you were out of position. If he did reraise you would have to make the decision to call or fold this is not a push hand for me because his story checks out. the top strait was the only cards that make since that he is holding. Someone let me know if you do not agree.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast