Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63958.76

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Multi Table Tournaments to Ring Games

I've been playing poker for a few years no online. (and twice in Vegas, but I don't speak of that) When I started playing it was on NLOP.com which is sweepstakes based MTT poker for tiny cash prizes. I got quite adept at playing this way. Now making the transition to cash games I find myself losing way too much way too fast. I'm so programmed to tournament play that I either need to avoid Cash games altogether or somehow adjust to the difference in game theory and the application thereof. Any suggestions?
    KcsAcoustic

Here's a previous thread on this topic - a lot of garbage responses, but a few nuggets you might be able to learn from.
    http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f5/...mes-25800.html
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Pro
    cash games you can be much tighter depending on the table - think of it this way - playing a .01/.02 10-person table you can fold 100 times in a row and it only costs you .30 , now try folding in a tourney 100 times in a row and see what happens

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitjunky View Post
    cash games you can be much tighter depending on the table - think of it this way - playing a .01/.02 10-person table you can fold 100 times in a row and it only costs you .30 , now try folding in a tourney 100 times in a row and see what happens
    +1

Try to get some1 all-in pre-flop so they can't do this to you. If you feel ur cowboys are good just push him all-in, chances are they are tired of folding and will call with the other dudes.

Edit: I noticed there is a character reference tot he RNG givng aces a small majority over the kk hand. It's gonna be hard to use the ol' math-based RNG dilemma rather than do a lift towards physics.

Basically, I managed to upgrade my pawns vs. A.I. chess doing an obverse rook lift, however I had to sacrifice a bishop or even queen to move the infantry up. Really hard to make an RNG that is math based without the advent of physics and electroplating new memery cells.
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 03-10-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned Master
    I dislike ring games, its only good for FPPs/PPs. STTs and MTTs. You can earn lots.

as you have said it well when you get used to playing multi table tournaments is very difficult to play cash because styles of games are the best estartegia distisntos to win the largest number of wells is identify players who fall more frequently in a pot and how often they fold their cards and know how to differentiate the donkeys of the fish.
    when you have identified the donkeys and fish know bet against donkeys go with made ​​hands and strong bet flop turn and river they will always pay at least up to the river they can get them good money.
    against fish is very simple they will always go with marginal hands so they have to throw them against strong preflop pot to get them or get good money. cash almost always have to play very aggressive and go with cards you can get many letters out connected for greater success in your hands

PokerOwned Veteran
    I am having problems adjusting to ring games. its definitely not like playing in a tourney

PokerOwned Pro
    no and it should be different than a tourney - style is different based on rules of the game - plus raising blinds is a big factor

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitjunky View Post
    no and it should be different than a tourney - style is different based on rules of the game - plus raising blinds is a big factor
    Yeah with ring games patience will pay off because you can categorize the players since they don't change as often as in MTT's.
    In tournaments, you have to loosen your range up a bit, especially when you are extremely short stacked or when the blinds and antes are eating up your chips faster than you can catch winners with nothing but premium hole cards.

PokerOwned Pro
    I prefer the MTTs just because it matches my style better. The sit n goes are fine too, but definitely like the MTTs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast