BTC Rate: $70626.36

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

cash or tournament?

my philosophy, a big cash game is a tournament win reward
    Bosco - Boston, MA-

FUCK U DONKEY!

Banned
    But a big cash game loss is also like 20 buyins for tourneys... its a tradeoff. Cash games are normally more consistent profit. Tournaments have huge payouts for first but you lose a lot more

PokerOwned Pro
    when I play in cash games I'm always one upped. Earlier today I was playing and just a short while I had a hand where I flopped 2 pair and someone turned a higher two pair. I had a hand where I flopped a set, and someone else flopped a higher set. I also had a hand where I flopped top pair with king kicker and flush draw, I never made the flush draw and ended up losing to top pair with an ace kicker. It happens constantly like that when I play cash games. The few hands I win are always for minimal cash and the hands I lose I have a big hand but like I said am always one upped so its always for a bigger pot.

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    It depends. I think the variance is higher on cash games, but there's nothing better for your bankroll than finding a whale on tilt at a cash table.

Banned
    Ring play is by far a better situation for me than tourney play. Its way more about money management and table selection than the whatever tourney play shit. I want to get better at tourney play but then I sit down at a ring table and wonder why the hell I waste my time at all in tournies.

PokerOwned Pro
    I wish I could play more cash games, when i do walk away with money it's at the very least double what I sat down with, but like i said a couple post ago I keep getting one upped and then I start playing scared because it seems like it doesn't matter what I have, I'm always beat.... I feel like i could flop a royal flush at a cash table, and still somehow lose a showdown lol

Banned
    I am putting together a series, if you want to call it that, of blog posts this coming week on ring play, I will let you know so you can read through it if you want for maybe a bit of insight/viewpoints for ring stuff.

PokerOwned Pro
    yeah that sounds good I know I could use the help and it couldn't hurt to read em

PokerOwned Master
    Now that US players are so limited in places to play it is much harder to win in tourneys IMO. Cash games are harder then what the used too. I prefer playing in tourneys. I just wish I could still play them on stars or absolute. lol

Seasoned Veteran
    cash is more consistent and stable flow wise but man are tourneys fun lol. i can tilt and not pay $200 out the ass later on

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast