Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66165.21

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cash table

Experienced Member
    I don't play cash tables. Tournaments are better.

Corporal
    Cash tables are too weird for me. I don't like them.

Banned
    I like 1/2 limit cash tables for the bad beat jackpot. But limit only.

i like .25/.50 NL and 1/2 NL cash games

Sergeant
    I don't like no limit cash games either. Just tournament is OK for no limit.

PokerOwned Veteran
    cash tables are the way to go.

Corporal
    After reading the thread, I would agree that there's not info given to assess an accurate play, but as is presented, fairly easy fold.

(Info needed: table image/game flow/info on player's involved)

Didn't want to just post a reply and not tell you why so I'll go over all options though....

RAISE/ALL IN: The sizing is such that you're almost committed to shove given what's behind if you chose to raise to evaluate further. I don't mind a 5 here if you think that you're just getting a 3bet light and the button is recognizing the situation to put in a squeeze, but I think this situation is less likely in a cash game format as opposed to a tournament. So, I think we could rule out a light4 as a possibility and it would be based on your read of said player in determining what his 4b range is and if you're ahead of that. If not, fold. If yes, shove.

FOLD: Based on your reads, think this is your best option for many reasons, but the biggest and the first reason is: You're out of position. If you're having trouble defining ranges, this is another reason for a fold, but, the fact you would be playing out of position against potentially two opponents on all streets is just very bad news for you and you've only invested $40 into the hand, can just find a better spot later on.

CALL: LOL. You're opening up pot odds and exposing yourself to a terrible position where you can get exploited easy to an additional squeeze, but, you're also not gaining any info from your opponents. If you feel you have the best hand pre, peeling a flop and not seeing an Ace or King would be a good stop-and-go opportunity perhaps, but, other than getting particularly fancy or flopping a Q, doubt you'd continue in the hand if you're worrying about being dominated pre....
    I mean, if flop comes 842 rainbow and pot is $900-$1k and you have $1,100 behind, you check to the button and he fires $4-500, you ever folding? Doubtful.

today was not my day in the PO freerolls, had very tough luck. I finished in 20th or higher for the only three games i played today. The cash tables were great thou. i ended up winning over $200 in ring games today. very unusual for carbon.

PokerOwned Veteran
    easy all in here. the cut off players raise is a little to high i would say for it to be a big hand like aces or kings. im putting the cut off player on jacks, AJ AQ tens somewhere around that range. now the button again i think the raise is to big for it to be a hand that is gonna beat yours. button could be trying to make a squeeze play here depending on how the cuttoff player is playing.

and this is a cash game. this is a big pot. gotta go with my read hear and push all in hope they fold or call with a lower pair. if they do have aces or kings then tough shit, thats poker, pray for a queen and move on to the next hand.

if this was a tournament then yeah i think a fold might be the correct play but not in a cash game.

PokerOwned Veteran
    lol i would fold that hand

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast