Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70478.42

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MTT play with KK hole cards.

OK, this is something I have been trying to determine for a while now.

Lets say it is the early stage of a micro MTT. I get KK dealt to me pre-flop in a late position (on the button). At a 10 person table there are 2 calls before me and I raise 3x the big blind. One person calls, the second person re-raises 2x my initial bet. My gut reaction is to assume that I am dealing with 2 other people with top 10 hands and that I am not going to be able to to much to push them away apart from following up with an all-in push. I push all-in, person 1 folds and person 2 calls and shows AA.

Based on the scenario above, if I get KK and somebody has AA, it instantly means I am going to be either crippled or knocked out of the tournament. Without flaming me, what am I doing wrong and what can I do to save some of my stack from this sort of devastatingly bad luck?

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    Kings and Queens are notoriously bad to players on Carbon Poker, I might even start a thread on it.

I'm not trying to get into a discussion about Carbon per se. I am more curious about the hand itself, not the client in which you receive the hand . There are already enough "<insert poker site name here> is RIGGED!1!!".

Any opinion on how I should play the hand, regardless of poker client? What if this was a live game?

PokerOwned God
    AA vs KK vs is one of those times were you are suppose to get it pre. Simply stated its #1 vs #2. Folding #2 pre is what is often referred to as fearing Monsters Under the Bed. Weak tight play.

People shove hands other than AA, all those hands you have crushed. JJ+ range is a fairly abc type players range. Any suited ace or any two paint is a fairly common range in micros.

For every one time they specifically have AA there is at least 10 other times they will not. Therefore calling allin pre with KK is +ev.

well, i think u said it as in the early stages of a micro MTT?? if so,,, why not just see flop first a tthat point,, instead of pushing all in?? since so early tho?? then maybe based on flop and bets after it,, u mite be able to fold,, and not lose that much then, maybe, posssibly

Knight-Lieutenant
    I mean, its interesting honestly, i have actually been in a normal po tourny where someone folds aa
    pre flop
    AA!!
    he said that he did it because aa gets cracked, and he was to close to ITM
    but really? he only had like 5 bb

You have to get it in there. Thats the play with the most value in the long run. Most of the time you're dominating. This one time you just got a cold deck. Happens to everybody.

Hey I'm all in witk Kings if I'm walking home, I'm on my way.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Just my 2 cents, You have to remember it is a MTT tourney and you know the plan is to get deep and cash or possibly win it. So going out early is not the plan, getting dealt K-K and you did a perfect standard raise to see the other player come over that then I would tell myself do I want to double up now and risk my tourney life this early or should I just take the high road and save the fight?

I have seen too many times people going all in with K-K early in a MTT tourney only to get crushed by A-10 because the flop dropped an Ace. laying K-K is tough like Wagon said.

I had a scenario 2 nights ago in the PO tourney. I was dealt K-K and I was ahead but I noticed that the board was setting up good for the other player who obviously was chasing his flush. By the river the player bet first and I knew and layed them boys down. I showed and player was impressed i layed them down. I did make it to the final table and ended up cashing for $2.00

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by gefishy View Post
    OK, this is something I have been trying to determine for a while now.

Lets say it is the early stage of a micro MTT. I get KK dealt to me pre-flop in a late position (on the button). At a 10 person table there are 2 calls before me and I raise 3x the big blind. One person calls, the second person re-raises 2x my initial bet. My gut reaction is to assume that I am dealing with 2 other people with top 10 hands and that I am not going to be able to to much to push them away apart from following up with an all-in push. I push all-in, person 1 folds and person 2 calls and shows AA.

Based on the scenario above, if I get KK and somebody has AA, it instantly means I am going to be either crippled or knocked out of the tournament. Without flaming me, what am I doing wrong and what can I do to save some of my stack from this sort of devastatingly bad luck?
    I think the mistake is raising 3x the bb preflop. If it's a tournament, you start with... 1500 chips or so and blinds are 5/10 or 10/20. 3x being $30 to $60. Isn't a lot. I believe in live tourneys about 5x bb is standard. In Dan Harrington's series he says for on-line, raise about 7x the bb.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast