Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64028.81

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran
    I think an argument can be made for both, different mindset

PokerOwned Master
    they are both 2 different games that both require a lot of skill and ability. i find tournaments easier, and cash harded but thats not everyone

Cool

I believe cash players and tourny players to be well rounded need to have the same skills to be successful in either.

I also think both is just based on the player and the blind levels. quicker blinds usually more passive aggressive players are successful. but with slow blind passive players usually prosper.

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavey25 View Post
    I also think both is just based on the player and the blind levels. quicker blinds usually more passive aggressive players are successful. but with slow blind passive players usually prosper.
    Cash tables have a fixed blind structure. Part of the skills in MTT play is just that, adapting to the table, blinds and players.
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

Experienced Member
    I am bad in cash games and building my bankroll on SNG

def a tourny player

Banned
    I think the harder of the 2 are cash games. But tournaments are tough in there own right to, you have to make some tough decisions at times otherwise you are out. Even calling a idiot with Aces makes it tough with the shit people from here and everywhere shove with. But I would say cash games are tougher, just because, well for me, the fact is I buy into a cash games once, and not for the max ever, in the middle of max and min, and it is very tough to get in one and try to double the max buy in. It's also tougher imo because others like to just buy back in over and over again, and if they are steaming, it makes you job much harder. In a tournament, you bust him out, you don't have to worry about him, in cash game, he get right back in there and you got a huge target on your back instantly. That is also why I don't like rebuy tourneys, CASH GAMES FOR SURE!

PokerOwned Master
    everyone is talking about different skills set but no one is being specific.

Outside of the ability to re-buy or top-off in cash games, i would say the big difference is that cash games are deep stack poker so people can take more risks leading to a looser and higher variance game.

also in cash games you don't need to take into consideration your m-value which helps if you're getting short stacked and decide not to top-off, so playing short stacked is a bit easier.

what else am i missing?
    Last edited by joefine; 03-09-2012 at 12:38 AM.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    cash games is more stres full

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast