Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60810.71

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Cash Games vs Tournaments

I'm starting to find it easier to just play at the cash games as opposed to racing the clock in tournaments or even SnGs. I think the play is more realistic and there's a better chance of making money. i can't count the number of times I've played a solid tournament only to double up my entry if I'm lucky enough to cash. Why not just cash out on my run with no pressure to keep building? Thoughts?

Elite PokerOwned Member
    There are cash players and there are tourney players. It depends on what you are good at according to your style and personality.

there is alot more variance in cash games, i mean you can lose more money vrs a turny, you bought in and can only lose the buyin where as in the cash game you can go back into your wallet and lose more
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Experienced Member
    there is alot more variance in cash games, i mean you can lose more money vrs a turny, you bought in and can only lose the buyin where as in the cash game you can go back into your wallet and lose more

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Cash games and tournaments are 2 totally different games all together!

tex
    PokerOwned Master
    I've heard pro poker players interviewed ,mostly they say cash is like regular income and tourneys are when your trying to make one big lump sum me personally,I would rather have the big check since I already have a job.

Experienced Member Kollossal777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfelber57 View Post
    I'm starting to find it easier to just play at the cash games as opposed to racing the clock in tournaments or even SnGs. I think the play is more realistic and there's a better chance of making money. i can't count the number of times I've played a solid tournament only to double up my entry if I'm lucky enough to cash. Why not just cash out on my run with no pressure to keep building? Thoughts?
    It all depends on your BRM and the way you play. In cash games you can grind but you can also loose a lot in one hand. In a tourney, on the other hand, you loose a BI if you get knocked out but if you get ITM you can benefit tremendous payout. You don't have to play MTTs to make a buck. You can play STTs and make small progress while multi-tabling. It's all about your strategy and what your BR allows you to do.

Banned
    cash games do tend to generate quicker returns the problem is no matter how big you buld your sit down investment you always risk getting stuck in an unfoldable hand w the chipleader holding nuts and its all gone. tournaments are better for bankroll mgmt cause its already set what you can lose from the beginning excluding re-buys which are a scam. unless you play limt or pot limit cash games, if you get in losing streak on cash game can devour your bankroll

I was just thinking about this topic. I am leaning more toward cash games for money making potential. Tourneys must have a lot of players for it to seem worthwhile. However, the more players, the lower the chances of being ITM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    cash games are best, although i sometimes take up too much time with sngs and tourneys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast