Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64269.4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cash game tips?

PokerOwned God
    Tournament play is different to cash game play. A comparison would be early on in a rebuy tournament because cash game players have a tendency of going all in. If you want to play at the cash games, play micro so that you get a feel for it. The play won't be great, you'll probably get frustrated, but you'll get an idea before you move up.

PokerOwned Master
    play your abc game, small pairs before the flop until you hit your set

PokerOwned Veteran
    I Think its really important to learn the players around your table to see what they do!

PokerOwned Veteran
    And of course... Play defence, only shoot with good cards i mean, otherwise you only lose

Don't forget; POKER isn't only about what cards YOU hold, its more about what your OPPONENT holds and how you perceive they play their particular hands. Watch and gather every bit of info about your opponents play habits and use that knowledge to pummel them out of their chips!

PokerOwned Pro
    It is definitely a game of endurance. Short bursts are great, but how you do between the hands matters just as much as when you do have the hands.

Just got back from Atlantic City. The $1/2 game at the Showboat was a blast. Sat down first night with $60 and left 3 hours later with $335, a bellyful of good beer ($1 tip per bottle) and a fine feeling. It was sometimes tense, but in a good way. Generally relaxed, good folks to play with. Left down about $25 the second night, but back up by $100 the third. So - my recommendation ... for live play, a cash table is not something to stress about (at least the $1/2).

Quote Originally Posted by lubesniq View Post
    that's what i'm talking about. The type of play is very different. I'm starting with a small stack but i can't understand how loose or tight should i play. Tighter than in a MTT ? I played some rounds and I' already loosing and starting to doubt my skills
    Cash games and tourneys are two completely different games. The thing about cash games is, people are more willing to gamble because they can always rebuy. I personally am a better cash game player although I have placed in the money on a few tourneys and even won a few 0.25, 2.20 KO, and 5.50 KO tourneys. Cash games allow you to sit and play for awhile waiting for the perfect hand to strike because you dont have to worry about those blinds rising. Start with the lower stakes. Im not sure the range of hands you play but do know position is very powerful in those games.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123