Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Corporal

Cash Game Hand (Suited Connectors)

$2/5 NLHE, you've been at the table for about 4-5 hours and you have 78dd in MP. It goes 7 ways to the flop with a raise to $15. ($105)

There's a lead of $65 on the flop of Qd 6d 4c which we call, somewhat tight guy 2 to the left raises to $225($550), asian guy in position calls($850), the original bettor folds and it is now on you with about $1k effective. ($685)

What's your play and please discuss reasoning.

The parantheses indicate effective stacks and I provided pot size as well for points in the hand. Thanks guys.

*Will post result of hand and reasoning for after it's been discussed.
    Last edited by JerseyShoreFan; 09-14-2011 at 02:18 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Equity is over 50% after the flop. I'm shoving here.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pcgnome View Post
    Equity is over 50% after the flop. I'm shoving here.
    The odds are there for the call...You know the tight guy is ahead of you currently but not by much since you have a gutshot and flush draw

PokerOwned God
    i base the call on the way you have been catching cards on the table, true you have a flush draw and a outside str8 draw, but the tight guy you speak more than likely have trips and the brd can pair then he has a boat, its a 50-50 decision on your part, but if this call will put you all in and tilt you i would not recommend the call..that just my advice..if you running good though, call especially if it only half or less then your bankroll..go for it

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gametime74 View Post
    i base the call on the way you have been catching cards on the table, true you have a flush draw and a outside str8 draw, but the tight guy you speak more than likely have trips and the brd can pair then he has a boat, its a 50-50 decision on your part, but if this call will put you all in and tilt you i would not recommend the call..that just my advice..if you running good though, call especially if it only half or less then your bankroll..go for it
    Well its only $160 more to him for the call...Yes worse case scenario the tight player has trip 6s or trip 4s...Hopefully he is sitting with like AQ though

Asian on a draw too, so depends on how he's been playing and how long these other players have been at table with you
    Last edited by gsxr5221; 09-14-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Corporal
    *bump*

If the tight guy raises then for me insta fold, not trying to gamble on what if. Done it way too many times in cash games. Specially if the guy who raised after flop is tight he to me has hit his trips.

But then again like gametime said it does depend on how well the cards have been to you. If you have been lucky to be catching your str8's then why not gamble it.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned God
    Would fold here, because I am not drawing for the nut flush

PokerOwned Pro
    no clue

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    If the tight guy raises then for me insta fold, not trying to gamble on what if. Done it way too many times in cash games. Specially if the guy who raised after flop is tight he to me has hit his trips.

But then again like gametime said it does depend on how well the cards have been to you. If you have been lucky to be catching your str8's then why not gamble it.
    Gametime has a valid point it depends on how you've been playing and how the other players have been playin the last half or so...It also depends if the tight player just sat down or if the asian just got to table etc. The tight player could have trips but it would be of the middle pair or bottom pair not the queens. It is also very possible that the tight player has a medium pair of like pocket 8s (or any two cards for that matter but since he's tight he wouldn't have called $15 pre with any two cards) and is attempting a squeeze play which is likely in this type of situation..There is a lot of money out there, he knows the BB is trying to steal the pot right there and is weak...he re-raises 3.5x the initial bet to get out the raiser which in turn would force the caller (jerseyshore) out of the hand as well..to take down the pot easily right there...Its an easy play if the table views you as a real tight player like that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast