Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63958.76

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Exclamation Carbon poker, too many aces?

No, I do not mean " ace " players.

Here's what I'm talking about, it seems to mean on Carbon Poker there are too many aces, in general.

Remember, Aces are just 4 out of 52 cards in a Deck. When someone is dealt them, its now 3 aces left of 50 unseen cards. So why is it on so many flops there are aces? Not just flops, but turns and rivers, too. If you go back thru your hand history look for a moment on a Board and notice how very many times aces show up.

And this, you get dealt Kings or Queens, You showdown with A-x, aces SHOULD NOT show up that often, but I know I see them in this situation constantly show up, not just on me but watching other players.

So here's the question for you to answer: Are there too many Aces in play on Carbon Poker?

Thanks,

GottImHimmel

I think there are 4 aces in a 52 card deck. With 10 people playing on a table, the odds are that you will see at least 1 ace if not more every hand. The problem lies not in how often you see an ace but rather how many people will play a hand with A-rag simply because they have an ace. I stand by the fact that there are no rigged poker sites. If you are seeing more aces on one poker site over another, you should consider the type of games you are playing (micro v. larger buy-in) as well as the population size and quality. If you want to see less aces, try a larger poker site and/or a larger buy-in.

Banned
    play 1,000 hands and then go through your hand history and check. i am sure it will be pretty close to the proper percentage...

Quote Originally Posted by gefishy View Post
    I think there are 4 aces in a 52 card deck. With 10 people playing on a table, the odds are that you will see at least 1 ace if not more every hand. The problem lies not in how often you see an ace but rather how many people will play a hand with A-rag simply because they have an ace. I stand by the fact that there are no rigged poker sites. If you are seeing more aces on one poker site over another, you should consider the type of games you are playing (micro v. larger buy-in) as well as the population size and quality. If you want to see less aces, try a larger poker site and/or a larger buy-in.

I have to agree with this, makes sense

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by GottImHimmel View Post
    ...Are there too many Aces in play on Carbon Poker?
    I would say no. People tend to stick around with ace hands longer then what is probably correct. That includes pre and post. One of my most popular notes on people is "overplays ace rag".

Knight-Lieutenant
    Nah, i think it is pretty straight forward. I once thought carbon was fixed, but count all the times you beat someone with a flush on the river, when they flop a straight? it goes both ways.

PokerOwned Master
    i am biased on this one cause i hate merge

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    Everyone please take note to the response given by Gefishy above. It makes a lot of sense. Also I will concur that people simply stick around with Aces a lot.

LMAO it is funny that this thread is here. Just over the weekend after getting donked around with A anything and an Ace always hitting, I jokingly asked a friend how many friggen aces does Carbon have in their decks. I do not think it is rigged or anything like that but I was just so tilted.

Seasoned Veteran
    yes you are right when playing lower buy ins it does seem like more of them but in reallity there are just more people playing ace rag and catching. in long run the solid play will over come them

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast