Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can I survive or thrive in ring games?

These Dufenhiemers keep raising pre flop when they see short stacks like me come to the table. They never check, they always bet or raise on flop,turn and river. What can I do to avoid giving my chips to,players like this? They always suck me out if i decide to raise or call them. They raise my big blind...and... if i try to raise theirs they just call or reraise and never fold.
    Shawn Sunshine Strickland "The Stricklator"

Don't buy in short, yes it minimizes your losses, but it also minimizes what you can gain. You will need to tighten up your game for ring. You should read some strategy articles/books. Good luck.

you just have to make good plays in the ring games

Here to play some poker.HERE TO HAVE SOME FUN.Just don't make me pull my GUN...lol

Elite PokerOwned Member pokerponed's Avatar
    Buying in short is always a gamble. Sometimes you get lucky and hit and sometimes you dont.

If you're going to go into a ring game short stacked you'll have to play nothing but premium cards and whack them over the heads with them when you can.
    If you're running cool and they still suck you out oh well that's the breaks. Donks will be donks.

Yeah sometimes you just cant beat the deck, had a set of 6's get run down yesterday after all in postflop turn andd river brought running flush cards for an ace rag

Banned
    #1 rule make sure your playing in your comfort zone on cash tables and make sure to have minimum 25 bi's of the limits max in bankroll... its a marathon not a sprint.... so keep track of ur hourly rate not how much u got at each table.... HEM is good for that...

thanks for your advice , yeah i was not bringing in enough, and im going to stick to the 2 cent games
    Shawn Sunshine Strickland "The Stricklator"

PokerOwned Pro
    several thoughts:
    1. never buy in short - if a full buy is too much for you that should tell you that you are at the wrong stakes
    2. two ways to play cash - one is super tight, the other is being a bully stealer - always bet pre and cb flop, always
    3. there is a bully standard to throw people off their games - if they ever enter a pot its an auto-raise - what that does essentially is make a .01/.02 game a .02/.04 game whenever they play - taking most players out of their comfort zone bankroll wise - its not a bad way to play if you have enough money to be playing at .02/.04 and sit at the .01/.02 tables -

a way to hurt the bully play very tight and when they raise and you have a pretty decent hand just go AI- you will need to get very unlucky to lose to the bully - as to the rest of the table, well thats a different story

Banned
    call them all in with your short stack couple times and they will stop raising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast