Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64104.26

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran
    you seem to be doing alright game?

interesting topic...xD

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Elite PokerOwned Member wykydsceptre's Avatar
    its true, strategy is lost on a lot of "players" nowadays. Remember after moneymaker how many poker books came out? I bought a few myself! now forums are up all over with FREE info. I think alot of it has to do with the freerolls and low stakes offered here. I can only play low stakes myself because of deposit options, but if Im playing in a 2-4cent cash game, I think of them as DOLLARS, no exception. to keep my good habits.

PokerOwned Master
    I generally talk more stradegy in the chat than in the forums when I do faster responses

PokerOwned Master
    The thing is, many people are just posting to get points (I know because I'm doing it myself right now, I got 15 from lottery today - yeah), and they are just posting random crap that takes a few sec to churn out. But why not make use of the system to get points while doing something useful? I don't think there aren't serious players here. They are people who know of this site when they browse Pokerstars/Carbon private freerolls and they srsly want to build a decent bankroll and then going on to higher stakes. I also know people either go to 2+2 to discuss strategies, but if you go 2+2 with a somewhat naive qn, you know people are like "been there, done that, why not you get off your lazy bum and search the billion of threads here and maybe find one that could somehow answer your specific qn?".

I think this is a somewhat friendly forum and the strategy section is like a fertile piece of land that no one is interested in planting awesome crops that would help humanity survive through a zombie apocalypse. Can't we be like, scrounging on fr and helping each other to move on?

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg78 View Post
    Why would I want to tell you my strategies, then you would know how I play, lol.
    its not really telling ur strategy, its talking about a hand, discussing a range u can put a villain on, figuring out if a different line could have been more profitable or saved u chips, when u could or should have gotten away from ur hand, etc etc etc.

PokerOwned Master
    I agree, I think posting hands and discussing them will be a good thing for this community to start doing if it wants to get serious and grow at poker. Once I start playing some real cash games, then I will definitely post some hands here for discussion. I hope you guys can help me out then. But until then, I am trying to build a bankroll first!

The thing is there is nothing you can learn to overcome the bad beats ya take online. Maybe thats why no one wants to talk about it cause it dont fkin matter. either your a luckbox and everyone considers you a good player or you get sucked out alot on and people call you a whiner or loser. Im sry but IMO a sukout artist or luckbox isnt by any means a good player. It just means that player is lucky. its funny how Live pros dont worth a shit online and online pros dont do worth a shit live Go figure!! The odds online are no where near close to whats real in LIVE poker!! I played for MANY years live (5 nights a week) til wifey got tired of me being gone alot. You just wont see in 5 nights of play what you will see in 1 SNG let alone a turny. The point of more hand per hour just doesnt add up when your only talking about 70-100 hands in a SNG live or online. Shouldnt matter how fast you get there and buyins should NEVER change odds , yet it does to an extreme. Its cool tho cause until someone proves to me they have exact same odds i will stick with online is rigged for max action period! Theres no way someone can consistently cash or win turnys live and have no shot online, if its the same odds. Im sure damage control will differ but thats ok they want proof and so do i.
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

games are games, its all about luck in the end, plus most people that play poker do it to avoid hard work(xD), so why would they commit to HARD poker discussion.....xDD...........

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

PokerOwned Master
    I have problems with my laptop. It will highlight everything I write when my wrist hits the touchpad. Then the next character I write erases everything and shows one character, like an a. There is no undo key, so I lose my 20 minutes of writing in a forum. No, I will keep my discussions short. Talking out loud can relay a long message in fewer words. Maybe .wav file would be a good way for me to discuss strategy... doh, won't upload a .wma file.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast