Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63151.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Is it alright to play too tight?

I realized that I place nearly every time as long as I play almost every hand that is not raised for the first hour of a tournament before the blinds get very high. This has prevailed with catching hands cheap that people do not expect. Also if I do not hit a hand at all, I'm only out about 300-500 chips low my first hour, If not I'm usually close to first. After the first hour I tighten up greatly.

What do you think? Is it ok to play tight the whole game or are there too many missed opportunities when blinds are low to be hand bias?

Lieutenant Commander TopJimmy99's Avatar
    I definitely play picky even in the beginning of tournaments. You've got to pay attention to the way everyone else is playing sometimes though, because people might call with Total BS and suck out, so be careful, even with good hole cards.

Corporal
    i played tight the other day in a donkament on absolute poker i was in the final 50k gtd torney but i played tight and was in the top 100 until blinds got high and i was catchin and of everyone called your bluff hints the donkament lol i ended up 147th after blinds put me all in it paid 144 lowest place got 85$ but if i played a little bit more careless i think i would have atleast made it to the money

Master Sergeant
    if the structure isnt a turbo and the table isnt super aggressive i guess stick with it but that wont work if you play better comp.

PokerOwned Veteran
    If you dont make profit after 3 years of poker then your simply not good enough.
    You do someting wrong, maybe you think your playing by the book but you dont. Poker is very simple, just play bythe book and you start making money in the long run.

Doesn't really matter I play the same even thought it's on first hour!
    It's not really that difficult to cash in you just need luck and skills.

Be confident, don't play by a weak heart.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Sergeant
    playin tight in tournys is the best way to make itm but you have to lossen up and change your range of cards in order to do it right folding is a key to poker tournys but most players are greedy and want to play in way to many hands hence whats gets them in trouble and put them in a short stack tight postion dont let this happen

Corporal
    Depends on who you are playing with. You gotta determine that after playing a while on a table.

Private
    It definitely depends on your opponents. Check out some of these: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f5/...cles-1434.html

Private
    Though, AFAIK "too" implies an amount that exceeds the optimal amount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast