Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70699.93

PokerOwned Veteran

How to play a low overpair to the board?

One of the situations that gets me into trouble many times, is the following.

Suppose you are in a MTT, middle stages, and you get an medium pair, let's say 66. You might do a small preflop raise or even limp.

Suppose you wil play against 1 or 2 other players and the flop is for example 244.

What is the best to proceed when you have a medium to short stack?

Considering you are up against one other player. Did they raise the bet, or just check. What else is on the board. If they just checked then I would raise half my stack. But that is just my opinion.

PokerOwned Veteran
    would just limp around see what comes up .66 not that good with 44 on board

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    Definitely would need more information to give you a quality answer...gl

never get too involved in a pot with small to mid pairs. Way too many over value them smaller pairs and play them like they have the nuts LOL
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned God
    def need more info in order to give better advice but i would reraise them and check to see how they react.. if they call...they might be slow playing you.. if they push... watch out... if they fold you win lol

Elite PokerOwned Member bikkeromano's Avatar
    no entiendo muy bien ,,falta como decir mas acerca de la jugada ,, en todo caso creo q subiria
    im bikkeromano

Banned
    For starters I try NOT to limp into pots, and 66 is a hand I would play in position so it all depends on the pre flop, if im last to act and its folded around or limped around to me I would raise 3x BB and +1 for every limper, this would pretty much get rid of the small hands and marginal hands that would hold cards like 2's and 4's, so with an small over pair I would value bet after the flop but a raise or something would throw up a red flag to watch out here.

I have trouble explaining how I play or think, trying it out here lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    I don't play small to mid pairs in the middle of a tournament unless I have position. Even if I have position most of the time I fold them after the flop because there are 3 over cards.

I would only play that in position...and would probably just call .no raise