Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Becoming a pro poker player

I have been trying to work my way up from freerolls to low stakes to medium then to like 1k buy in tourneys but it is alooot harder than I thought it would be to win a big tourney for like 100k, expecially now that Full Tilt no work for Americans. I thought I'd at least have 100k in winnings by now but I think I'm even in money since I started poker 6 years ago... Any1 here trying to do the sane thing as me? Or any1 worked their BR up to 100k or more and have some tips please let me know... Gl at the tables all!

PokerOwned Pro
    Patience, and bankroll management are the biggest things that can be offered as advice. Sure, take a shot at a higher level every now and then, but don't do it constantly, and don't risk a large part of your bankroll to do it. Something I have to keep reminding myself of

Yea your right. I know i'm no phil Ivey or anything. I'll start with building a bankroll, lol. I know that Chris Ferguson started with freerolls on full tilt and got it up to 10,000$ I think. So it can be done.. Well gl at the tables Magyk!

PokerOwned God
    It is extremely difficult to become a professional poker player. But I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks mann. I don't know how realistic that is when i'm stuck at 10$ bankroll but you never know. It would be great to just win a big tourney let alone become a pro. Take care steve

PokerOwned Master

kmax

yeah its just hard because i play alot better live then this online poker dang going on but yeah every one wish they had 100k plus hell i be happy if i have a ten of that but its fuking hard

PokerOwned Veteran
    full tilt damn i wish we could play on that site!

PokerOwned Veteran
    I enjoyed full tilt and poker stars wish and hope I will one day be able to play on them again

PokerOwned God
    Well, good luck to you for your plans, but only a few can make a living from poker...

I would say it couldn't hurt to ask someone who already makes a living playing poker. Next time you play live, try to get chummy with some of the serious players at the table.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast