Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70478.42

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar

Bankroll Management

So what's your take on Bankroll management? I currently have 27.00 on carbon and was trying to figure out the best way to increase it. I have heard a good rule is 5% for Cash games and a 1 table SNG, and 2% for a MTT/MTT SNG.

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    Take it from me. I've blown more rolls on Super Turbos than i can count. you stay away from any 3 minute blind structures, and you'll be golden. I mean if you play one of them you'll get compulsion so very fast, i know i do.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

PokerOwned God
    I play micro stakes until you have it built up to $50 and then slowly raise your stakes as your bankroll grows.

Oh and Yes the percentages you mentioned are correct in theory. However, FTP had a ton more games to offer, and tons more traffic, so it was 10x easier to stick to strict bankroll management there.

So for you, Just stick to your niche, build up as much as you can before you branch out. I'd say for me that's SnG's and MTT, not side games. So whatever that Niche is for you, just milk it a lot.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

or just throw a couple grand on there and play the big stakes and hope like hell you win. LOL
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

Ok and Again I'm sorry to keep spamming this post, but I'm real pumped on caffeine.

I'd play the 1.10 sit and gos and a couple of 1.10 MTTs for fun. Wait till your BR builds up till about $50 (however long that may take) because then you'll be able to buy in the .02/.04 side games for less that 5%.

I do not say this part because I believe the Merged RNG is rigged. I only speak from experience. It will beat this Shit out of you. I mean, it really will. So you want to limit your losses by playing fixed amounts. Unless you feel your so good at side games you'll prefer playing there.

Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar
    Yea, I guess the numbers I have are a more conservative approach. I Could double the percentages and it would be 10% and 4%. Obviously going to take more risk, so you could increase or decrease your Bankroll a lot faster. I actually played some of those super turbo 6 max SNGs last night, and let me tell you I don't recommend it. I think I only cashed in 1 out of 7. I will put it some of those regular 1.10 SNG's in my routine, I think you probably have a better chance in those.

i need to learn better BRM optherwise ill just keep going broke....its sucks

Elite PokerOwned Member
    BR's are the key to playing well, not having to worry about playing cause your broke, really helps

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Its hard when you dont have a huge roll. But just dont go crazy and try to slowly grind up.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast