Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

big poker hands. Can u get away

So tonight I was playing 0.25/0.50 NL 6man cash table. Player X bet 1.50 I called, Then flop 3d 8d Ad Player X bet 3.25 I called again. Turn was 6H Player X bet 6.25 I raised all in for 22.00. Player X calls he had Kd 9d I had Qd 7d. We both flopped flushes I lose obviously.

All night I have been dodging big beats, and then I cant get off this hand and honestly thought I was ahead. My question is is there anyway to fold here did I make a bad move. or is that just poker. How do you avoid this thanks everyone for you thoughts

any thoughts would be appreciated

well q7s not really a 3x bb calling hand, however i gotta think once you seen the flop its hard to get away from the 2nd nut flush. id imagine u put villian on AK or even AA even a set of 8 in which u got all those hands beat. ya q7 suited calling a raise is where you could of let it go tuff beat
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Agree with pot, your only mistake is that never should have been called preflop, depends on your position though as well (3bet opportunity against a loose SB if you were BB, pretty much fold most other instances)
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

B1B champ
    in this kind of situation with the 2nd nut flush theres no possibility to fold after flop (with no pair on board). its more important, that u can get rid of AK, KK and even AA in some situations. desperation calls are the biggest mistakes poker players can do

Experienced Member coulshrusher's Avatar
    Avoid playing Q7 it never goes well buddy if you aren't outkicked you are outranked by the higher flush draw. In cash games play strong hands and maybe on occasion speculative hands like 89suited 910 hands that can improve dependent on the flop texture you get. Try to only play in position raise often for valuable information of opponent strength. Sometimes I'll raise utter junk and hit but I wouldn't do this if I wasn't way up on my starting stack. Play tight make pots huge when you have it and know you have them that's the best advice I could give. Oh and if you can play at pokerstars always muck k9 of diamonds it almost always gets beaten by Ace of diamonds flush even grosser than your cooler.
    Someone called me a donk I replied "I'm not a donk as I don't 10-2 play the Doyle Brunson"

PokerOwned Veteran
    q7dd isnt the worst call none of you guys know how player x was playing. ive defended alot wore then q7 suited but you are never folding after the flop

Experienced Member coulshrusher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CocomoOwns View Post
    q7dd isnt the worst call none of you guys know how player x was playing. ive defended alot wore then q7 suited but you are never folding after the flop
    Of course it's all situation based the decision I just prefer to be calling with better hands than Q7 even if it is suited. It's not even highest possibly kicker for a start so if you miss you are likely not to have the best hand etc. Many reasons for me to fold it perhaps I'm just playing too tight.
    Someone called me a donk I replied "I'm not a donk as I don't 10-2 play the Doyle Brunson"