Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70519.43

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Current B2B Champ!

You be the expert! 1-2 cash game

game is 1-2 nl:
    i have about $120 to start the hand
    5 way raise pot to $10.
    Im in early pos with A4 suited, flop comes A48 w/ 2 hearts.
    Sb inital raiser checks next guy checks, i make pot sized $25 bet and get called by loose button player w/ over $400.
    turn card comes an 8.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

OPTIONS:
    1.medium sized bet- tester bet to see if ur still good even tho your flopped 2 pair just got counterfited. if he raises you strongly consider folding, because you are quite sure hes happy with his A10 A9 HAND.
    2.Large bet- bet big hoping hes on a pure flush draw
    3.check- see what he does and reassess the situation.

I would go with option 3 but tempted to do option 1

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

5 way pot raised to $10 means $50 is pot bet not $25, but that doesnt matter. Id go with the check because even if he doesnt have the 8 your flop bet is most likely with an A or possibly a flush draw, meaning the 8 is a great card for him to bluff you with and you cant really call.

I think if you check and he has the 8 he will check behind or do a small raise, if he has a flush draw i think he checks behind as betting a flush draw into a paired board is pretty bad. Either way your either getting to see the river for free or real cheap (if you think ur A is good) in which case you can decide what to do on river when it comes.

From what i gather you have what $95 behind and pot is like $100, I really think commiting any money first into the pot on that flop is just kind of hoping for the best. Your only move would be to shove with your stack size in which case you could be drawing to the 2 Aces in the deck. If you bet like $25 again it looks real weak and he prob shoves over you in which case you gotta make a tough decision.

PokerOwned Master
    don't quiet understand how the preflop action went but from what i can make out the pot stands at 75 when the turn card comes and it's just you in early pos vs. lag on the button - right? guess it depends on the range you put you opponent on. If you think you he has your ace out kicked with a middle kicked then check as you still have showdown value and can call a reasonable bet - 1/2 pot. Additionally if you think he has 10/9 kicker any river card over a 10 will give obv. give you a chop.

If you put him on a draw then make him pay for it. If you think it's a flush draw then bet for sure - make him pay for the card but gonna have to be a hefty bet obv. not giving him the right price.

Again goes to the read you have on the guy. Is he willing to call a pot sized bet on the flop chasing a flush draw? If he is he's obv. calling for implied odds but not sure how much he can get paid off if he flush does come in on the river as now he has to worry about the paired board.

If you do bet and get called on the turn - alarm bells should be ringing and would check the river hoping for a cheap showdown.

Lastly, just my opinion - your flop bet was too large. Seems like the pot got bloated because of the bet. A 1/2 to 2/3 pot sized bet accomplishes the same thing as the pot sized bet - getting people who have junk to fold and not giving the proper odds to people drawing.
    Last edited by joefine; 05-01-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Current B2B Champ!
    it was pretty close to pot i think the actual raise was about $8 made it $10 for simplicity and the house takes a few bucks. in any case $25 was a large lead bet.
    if i check it opens the door for him to bluff. hes described in the scenario as loose so bad play is not in his vocabulary and from what i had seen was quite capable of making a play.
    in actual case i did bet another $25 because i thought it would freeze him if he had an A10 A9 type hand. if he raised i was fully ready to fold, but i also wanted to get him to put extra money into the pot if he was drawing against me.
    he was drawing and he turned k3 hearts into the winner with a queen on the river

PokerOwned Master
    gross - sorry to hear that. but playing ace rags -suited or not - out of position is always dangerous.

btw - thanks for your postings. it makes the forums more useful and enjoyable with post like these!
    Last edited by joefine; 05-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Seasoned Veteran
    nothing u could do much after a turn like this

PokerOwned God
    sorry to hear that but I would of bet bigger thinking he was on the draw

PokerOwned God
    option 3 all day, let the loose cannon make the call, more than likely he hit the 8 or has you outkick with a10, aj..etc...

PokerOwned Master
    I would go with option 3 den fold

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast