Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62100.32

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Knight

Any tips for a new player?

I have been playing poker for 5 days now and I get to play in the 100k first deposit tourney and the free roll tournament tomorrow. Are there any good articles with poker strategy I should read beforehand or any good tips anyone can give me? Thanks in advance for any help.

I'd say above anything else, PATIENCE is key. Wait for good hands. Don't play bad hands out of position because you are bored. King Jack offsuit is NOT a good starting hand

Banned
    i agree ,patience is the key.

Knight
    So I got 3774'th place, I think I did pretty good for my first real tournament was in the top %5 and got like 15 hands in a row with nothing, oh well there is always next time

is that pretty good for my first tourney? or should I have done better?

IreRaiseU
    3774th out of how many players?

If its like 4000 players i'd say not very good, but 10,000 players good job :P so its hard to say

Knight
    oops forgot to type it! lol, it was out of 20000

Zab
    Dude that's not bad at all. If you stay within your range of hands you will do alright. Patience is key
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Private
    Play jacks or better and be patience , don't do something stupid in first 4 levels, try to take a chance to double up ur stack .....

PokerOwned Veteran
    Dont play crappy hands. Stick to pocket pairs and AK AQ AJ preferablly suited. And definitely fold when you know your beat.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I try to make it a rule to never play the first hand.Try to feel out the knuckleheads and beleive me there is always 1 or 2 in the first hand.exspecialy in freerolls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast