Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62075.67

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    my best advice is NOTE NOTE NOTE players who are calling stations, trust me you will see them again. Also for the most part if you are in a hand with more than one person then don't expect to bluff or get them off their hand. They are going to the river no matter what. If you can double up early you can be in good shape to be patient. Another tip which pisses players off but it is an effective strategy is use your clock. If you wait a few seconds chances are at another table someone is getting knocked out so less players. Not saying to clock it down all the way just wait a few seconds instead of insta folding a junk hand. Good luck you can do it

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Master
    thanks everyone for the the advice. played last night and got pocket kings in late position and as usual had a lot of limpers in front of me. early in the tourny so the blinds were only 15/30. I raised 150 trying to isolate and got 2 callers. one in the small blind and one of the limpers. flop come 477 rainbow. Small blind checks then limper/caller jams the flop and I'm thinking if he's limped/called - he's either on a small pocket pair or A rags. So I call and the small blind folds. the limper turns over A5 off. Thought I was good until the river and of course the the big A hits the rivers. Guess I'm just running bad.

Banned
    got up and try to play ideled wait for the finals if you can

PokerOwned Veteran
    There isn't much you can do you basically have to luck out in some of these since a few idiots usually get lucky and play the big stack

All in, All in, All in, All in, All in, All in, All in, All in. at least on carbon LOL
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

If you are talking about site freerolls with 4,000 players,,,that's a tough order....guess advice is don't chase hands.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

In those big freerolls i wouldnt say waiting for premiums is a good tactic. I mean your not gonna get alot of folds when you raise. So do you really wanna wait 1 hr to get AA then go to the flop with with 5 callers. Sure it works out sometimes, Other times you get it in preflop vs some Ace rag and double. But in general open up your range and play poker. I dont see the point in waiting for premiums when your premiums dont really play well 5 handed post flop.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    In those big freerolls i wouldnt say waiting for premiums is a good tactic. I mean your not gonna get alot of folds when you raise. So do you really wanna wait 1 hr to get AA then go to the flop with with 5 callers. Sure it works out sometimes, Other times you get it in preflop vs some Ace rag and double. But in general open up your range and play poker. I dont see the point in waiting for premiums when your premiums dont really play well 5 handed post flop.
    totally agree with this statement you gotta open up your range at least early in these

PokerOwned Veteran
    sit back for a while judge the mood of table you could have table full of all in donks only every try to take these one on one with nutz hand,or you could have a tight table then it id worth bluffing enough to cove your blinds but not too much to start getting people to call you then as said before after 1st hour you have the decent players left.

PokerOwned Master
    sorry to vent fellows but this is getting ridiculous.....

bad beat #1:
    early in the tourney - blinds 25/50 i'm UTG+ 2 with pocket Qs. I raise 150 hoping not to scare out too many people and if a A or K comes on the flop I can re-evaluate. I get 3 callers behind me. Since there is no 3 bet I assume most people are on middle to small pairs, suited connectors or A rags. Flop come 5d5s5c. I'm first to act and because I'm sick of all the bad beats and suckouts, I decide just to take down the pot and shove. I figure if anyone has a 5 good for them, they deserve to win and like I said I'm not too scared of Aces or Kings since there was no 3-bet. The guy on the button calls with As9d. He has no draws and no pair, just a Ace with a middle kicker. I'm a 80% to 15% favorite. And of course the A comes on the turn. At least I didn't have to wait til the river before the bad beat. I had doubled up early so I still had ~1500 chips after the suck out then comes the final insult.

knock-out:
    blind 75/150 i'm in HJ with AQ of clubs got 1 limper in front of me. I raise to 375 to isolate and guy on the button with AsJh and bb and original limper both call. flop is 8c2d10s. everyone checks around. Turn is Ah everyone checks to dealer who bets 150 into a pot of 1500. 2 others fold to me. even though it's a very dry board and because of the previous hand with the QQ, I just want to win the hand and yes I'm tilting a bit, so I just shove for 1885. Even though I'm a 95% favorite in the hand what lands on the river a f-ing J!!!!!! It's so frustrating to get the money in good just to get sucked out over and over.

tight is not right!!!!
    Last edited by joefine; 09-03-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast