Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71125.27

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

When is it time to shove?

How many big blinds do you think is the minimum to have before you push all in with any two cards. This would be at a full table. If you think the number would be different for say, early position, middle position and late position, please let me (us) know what you think.
    Thanks and take care.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

I assume you're asking because of the way the freerolls have been. Anyway I know I have to shove when the blinds will eat me alive and I am nowhere near the bubble. As far as an exact number I'm not good at math so I would like to no the answer too. It used to be I could make it to the final table by building a nice sized stack by playing a few good hands and picking my spots patiently. That's no longer the case so I need advice on this subject too.

PokerOwned Master
    the conventional wisdom is 10bb. If see any decent cards in any position, then the thinking goes that for 10 bb your opponents have some fold equity. but to be honest for me i'll go down to about 5 bb before i shove with any face card or suited connectors. just my bias on carbon poker i won't shove an ace unless it's AQ or better or 10s or up in early position. however if it gets folded to me and i'm in late position i will shove with qj or better. just my opinion.

PokerOwned God
    Yeah, itīs around 10 to 13 BB afaik. For sure hand must be stronger by shoving from EP

PokerOwned God
    i thought donk rule 101 you shove when you have a ace in your hand..thats what i see alot on here?

But what I always wonder what do you do when these shoving hands don't come which happens to me all the time lol

PokerOwned Pro
    About 8 to 10 big blinds they say go all in with any two cards. Sometimes try to wait for a hand and around that time go for it!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stephymariec View Post
    But what I always wonder what do you do when these shoving hands don't come which happens to me all the time lol
    The you have to shove with any 2 cards at a certain point in time. But try to be the first one in the hand.

i dont really work off a set ruling as every game is different how much the tourney cost size of the bb etc one rule i always stick to if im that low i only have 1 bb left ill shove one hand before the bb as id rather go out on my choosing and not being forced all in by the bb
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by gametime74 View Post
    i thought donk rule 101 you shove when you have a ace in your hand..thats what i see alot on here?
    This literally made me laugh, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by MIGO14 View Post
    Yeah, itīs around 10 to 13 BB afaik. For sure hand must be stronger by shoving from EP
    ^^^This.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast