Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63028.2

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Blind Stealing Strategy Opinion Forum ( Open to All, trying to improve my game )

SCENARIO: YOU ARE DEEP IN TWO TOURNAMENTS OF DIFFERENT STRUCTURE WITH ABOUT 15-20 BB'S OR A ( YELLOW/ ORANGE ) M ZONE.

GAME 1: Blinds are alone without antes. Thus, 7 out of 9 hands all tournament you are not being forced to bet. However, When the blinds do hit, they are BIG % wise.

So, Question : What is your blind stealing strategy? Only from Dealer/ Cut off, Little Blind, RE-Steal from Big Blind? 1st position scare tactic? ( min raise from 1st position, advanced tactic )

Game 2 : Regular Structured tournament, antes and Blinds, we will say, 500-1000 blinds with 75 ante. What is YOUR blind stealing strategy?

Notes: Blind Stealing is an essential part of tournament play, regardless of hole cards. So let's hear everyone's differing opinion on appropriate Strategy.

Sincerely,

DerGottImHimmel ( The God in the Heavens )

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    nothing set in stone...have to base it on stack sizes and play of the table. have to feel it out every time.

It's always going to come to stack size. If you're saying 15 to 20 bb, I'm only going to be stealing from fairly late in uncontested pots, and only w/ better than decent holdings when faced w/ limpers. I'll stay this way til I get to below 15 BB. Then, it's pretty much shove time for me. As to my bet amounts for stealing, Late, it's usually anywhere from 3x to 4x.

PokerOwned God
    i have to agree with previous poster, it's about stack size vs bba amt's, say you have 5k left and bb/sb at 1000k to 1500k, you will have to play for life and death and go all in with the best possible hand, vs you have 20-25 k and you raise with pretty much any pair, suited connectors to make the smaller stacks to commit all in to risk tourney life or fold, give more details in your scenario..

PokerOwned Pro
    the bigger the stack the more often you can get away with betting to steal the blinds. if the blinds are 1k/2k you started with only 3k, and you sit on 100k you can be the aggressor and bet lots to take blinds, if you are at 35-45k however if you bet too often to take the blinds you will get cought and it will be counterproductive to your cause. someone will come over the top and you will be put in a tough spot. so if you are mid stack its still very wise to take blinds but only play one in nine hands roughly, then you have more of a chance to get away unnoticed. if you are small stack to steal blinds successfully you will need a tight image....you go all in two or three times someone call you for sure.

Banned
    Nothing set in stone, but personally I like to play conservative until either...

1. The Bubble is approaching because then everyone starts playing soft.

2. You get to the final table, because do to the pay raises, the table gets softer. But in this situation I just like to be really aggressive on draws, or raise the blinds to try and bluff on the flop.